New XD today

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by markhk, Jul 12, 2009.

1. markhk

markhk New Member

Just picked up my XDcompact .45 today and hope to go to the range Monday. I had been carrying my wife's Taurus .38 special since I got my GFL, but I really really wanted a semi auto.

I shot my brother's XD in Minnesota last week and upgraded my 9mm desire to a .45 (plus I don't think my wife will take the XD and give me the .38 cause the .45 will have too much recoil). Anyway this is a big step for a one time liberal who just walked out of the Conservative closet.

I did find out during my no ammunition exploration of this handgun, that the slide stop lever is brutally hard to release. At times I actually had to use both thumbs to release the slide. The spring is very strong and I am thinking that with a little wear the slide stop level will smooth out. I know my brothers is a simple flick of the thumb. Am I right about it getting smoother or should I make a holster for a conceal carry ball peen hammer?
  2. Stealie

Stealie New Member

Congrats, I have an XD40sc and love it. The recoil in the sub compact .40 I have is minimal. The XD's are great pistols, enjoy and post a range report! As far the slide stop goes I always slingshot my slide so I haven't noticed it.[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations and welcome to the world of firearms. They're like potato can't just have one. ;)
  4. Succinct

Succinct New Member

Congrats - I am already planning my next XD....