Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all...ive enjoyed guns all my life, i was lucky enough to have a friend whose dad would take us to the range quite a bit when i was in high school so i got some of the basics down

i joined here to hopefully learn as much as i can about guns because as of now im really out of the loop and lost, and hopefully get some advice and tips on buying my 1st guns very soon

in a perfect world i would get a FAMAS, but i dont think that is possible so right now im looking at the M468 and i think i might want a AK-47 or HK g36 , and i know im getting a DE.50 for sure

but im open to any and all suggestions especially for a good gun with cheap ammo i could take out and shoot all the time or anything else you might share

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
Cheap ammo? It certainly won't be for a DE .50 or any 50 for that matter. As far as good guns go... there's a world out there loaded with virtually any kind you want or can afford. A Desert Eagle wouldn't be on the top of my list.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Deagle aye?
but i won't judge haha
welcome to the forum
glad to have you here
:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
LMAO, well thank you for the responses and not judging me, i mainly want the DE cuz of its looks lol! i have always been in love with them and i want the bigger calibers

like i said im a total noob when it comes to guns but after doing some research and talking with some people on the internet i have been informed that HK isnt a good company to deal with if your on the "civi" side of things...i heard it takes forever to get your guns from them and all things else you deal with them with post purchase is horrid, but like everything, i do take that with a grain of salt but it did seem to be a popular opinion

when it comes to rifles i want them above the 5.56 (atleast in my humble and undeveloped gun knowledge) hence the M468/ REC 7 i know that they seem to run just a tad over a dollar a bullet and this is in the high column?

1 edit...i have just saw the BEOWULF for the 1st time ever LOL [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh9icrjj0ys[/ame]

and last is anyone could give me a list of up to 10 assult rifles...or even just one really good one it would be much appreciated...i just want a nice rifle with a good bit of customization potential and a very good quality gun that i can fire clip after clip after clip out of and looks somewhat "good"

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome SoCo

:):)
hello all...ive enjoyed guns all my life, i was lucky enough to have a friend whose dad would take us to the range quite a bit when i was in high school so i got some of the basics down

i joined here to hopefully learn as much as i can about guns because as of now im really out of the loop and lost, and hopefully get some advice and tips on buying my 1st guns very soon

in a perfect world i would get a FAMAS, but i dont think that is possible so right now im looking at the M468 and i think i might want a AK-47 or HK g36 , and i know im getting a DE.50 for sure

but im open to any and all suggestions especially for a good gun with cheap ammo i could take out and shoot all the time or anything else you might share
Welcome to the forum.Stay and learn. I learned "One Shot-One Kill" BEFORE I went to the Hi Cap.models--Just a thought--Welcome again!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Define 'assault rifle'.:rolleyes:
my definition of an assult rifle would be a gun such as as ak47 or m4a1 or any type of weapon that could have up to a 30shot clip or drums thats good and accurate at long range unless a bullet like an ak's 7.62 will fall short

i guess kinda like a SMG (MP5) but a little larger and shoots larger bullets

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Welcome SOCOMICEPICK glad to have you aboard/

Fun gun, deadly fun gun!

My zombie slayer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG dude...what is that a AK with a M4 stock and type of custom or pistol grip?

your gun is very sexy, thats another thing i love about the gun world is the customization potential and how awesome you can make them look

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
my definition of an assult rifle would be a gun such as as ak47 or m4a1 or any type of weapon that could have up to a 30shot clip or drums thats good and accurate at long range unless a bullet like an ak's 7.62 will fall short

i guess kinda like a SMG (MP5) but a little larger and shoots larger bullets
Here's the deal; the definition of assault weapon is argumentative. Clinton had his definition. Austrailia has a definiton. Canada, UK, France and on and on. To ask for a top 10 assault rifle list in these times is like flashing a government id and asking for the same. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts