New video: One hand pistol reload

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by kcolg, Jul 5, 2009.

1. kcolg

kcolg New Member

If for whatever reason you can use only one hand to reload your pistol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-oyXwErMIE]YouTube - One hand reload[/ame]

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Good informative post there kcolg. That one hand reload method could come in handy in a situation with some unforeseen circumstances.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very clever and useful. Thanks for posting it.

4. fapprez

fapprez New Member

Good info to have. Thanks for sharing.

5. kcolg

kcolg New Member

You are welcome,it's a simple trick that may come in handy someday.

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

That's a situation I have never imagined. Something to think consider for sure. Good video.

7. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

As always, practice makes perfect. Also, be sure to practice it with your non-dominant hand, 'cause you never know.

8. ranger_sxt

ranger_sxt New Member

Why are you using you knee? Is your holster broken?

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

You will be able to grip your handgun tighter and control it much better by applying pressure and holding it in the bend of the knee. The more you bend your knee, the more control and tighter the grip. You will have limited control with a holster, and depending on where you carry, it may not be that manageable. Remember, the situation you are in has limited you to one hand operation only and it may not be your dominate firing hand.

Jack

10. kcolg

kcolg New Member

Good point, what you say plus some people carry their gun in their pockets, side draw ,ankle or belly holsters that might make it difficult to perform this reload, also if under stress I think this way is easier than reholstering your gun with an open slide as fine motor skills tend to diminish under stress or so I've been told...

11. ranger_sxt

ranger_sxt New Member

Good points, until you need to move...

12. Angrypoonani

Angrypoonani New Member

hopefully you don't just drop on your knees in the middle of the street... you should move to cover instinctively, especially if you're injured.

This is just an example of how to do it. there are no circumstances involved

Good video! thanks for sharing kcolg

13. kcolg

kcolg New Member

Glad to share guitar monk...

14. Seal

Seal New Member

Good video. I like the 'first person' camera angle. Thanks for sharing

15. WDB

WDB New Member

Another tool that could come in handy, the more options you have the better chance you have to survive.

16. Gubba

Gubba New Member

There is at least one other video on YouTube that shows a better way. The was shown in the video squatting down, puts the barrel pointing at your other leg and ankle.

17. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

I have trained doing this with my knees clinched around the gun, in the holster backwards and behind the knee like shown. I like the behind the knee but you all have pointed out, you need to move to cover. This takes a lot longer then a speed load with both hands. Also not a bad idea to train pulling your gun with the support hand. You never know what might take place in a gun fight and you might need to get the gun out with the off hand. A person needs to also practice clearing malfunction using one hand. The use of the heel of you boot, gun belt, a wall or something to grab the back sight to clear the malfuction. Train on all of them and pry you never need to use them.

18. kcolg

kcolg New Member

I almost instinctively look for cover when I reload, in the video I just wanted to show the techinique of one hand reloading,and it would have been difficult for me to show it in the video behind cover,but of course I agree on doing it,maybe one day I'll upgrade the video...

19. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

In this situation wouldn't you need to rack the slide on your boot or belt to chamber a round? As well as clearing a malfunction as stated above.

20. kcolg

kcolg New Member

Not necesseraly ,as in the video I simulate a situation in wich I run completely out of ammo ,therefore the slide will stayed locked back,if you want to do a tactical reload in wich you change the magazine on the gun before the magazine is completely empty for a fully loaded one, you would still have a bullet in the chamber ,so you wouldn't need to rack the slide either.