new upper

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jjfuller1, Nov 8, 2012.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

okay, so i know what i want. just having trouble finding it.
    i love the stag 3g.. the SS fluted barrel and all.. but i cant forsee myself spending a good 825 on just an upper. i saw a dpms somewhere before but cant for the life of me find the site now. i also checked PSA. the only SS they had was 6.8spc.. you guys have any leads?
    im looking for an upper that is 14.5 to 16in. SS barrel fluted is great but not a must. some sort of picatinny rail... preferably 6 in.

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Hey JJ, are you looking for a stainless, wylde chambered, precision type upper?
    Do you want a front site post or lo pro gas block?

Isn't the stag 3g an 18"er

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

not really in need of the wylde chamber, however did want stainless steel. and yes the stag is 18'.. id rather it be 16 but it still looks nice..

now off to check the link

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

not really in need of the wylde chamber, however did want stainless steel. and yes the stag is 18'.. id rather it be 16 but it still looks nice.. and yes to the lo gas block

now off to check the link

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Honestly, I don't really see the point of having a stainless barrel and 5.56 nato chamber. If you want precision go all out.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

this is just going to be a cool looking plinking rifle.. i like nato chamber so it wont matter whos ammo i grab to shoot :)

after this build, the next will be either an ar15 in 6.5, or 6.8 or an ar10.308.. but those are down the road.

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

The Wylde goes both ways. 5.56 nato, and .223 remington. You can have your cake and eat it too! :D

9. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I cannot recommend Blackthorne. I fact, I would advise against it.

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

12. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

Can i ask why SS?

A few of my friends have built varmint guns with these uppers. One of them is an ffl and has a lot of experience with long range shooting and the ar platform. He scoped the barrel and said that he was pretty impressed with the rifling. He did say a few had to be sent back for one reason or another.

I considered the 16" bull for a coyote gun. Cheap enough for a spray bomb Camo job.

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

15. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yup... thought the SS barrel will look great with my white filled punisher lower :)

yes, i know i have 2 stags. sold a third. i like them.. and i like the stag mod 3. just wanted it a tad cheaper.. like the link tiki gave me.

was hoping to go as short as possible. but might go with the stag

16. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

You may already know but PSA had this in stock awhile back. Wylde chamber and threaded for a muzzle device.

Attached Files:

17. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

PSA refuses to make ban state compliant uppers. I asked them directly and they said no

18. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Thinking about contacting west fork to see what they can do

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

$34 muzzle break and 2 minutes with a dremel can fix that problem.