New Uberti!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by sbninja, Sep 20, 2009.

1. sbninja

sbninja New Member

Hi all, I picked up my New Uberti 1873 Cattleman steel New Model / Walnut grip- 5.5" barrel .45 LC

Already took her to the range last weekend! I love this gun!

I also ordered a Wolff spring pak and installed it this past week - what a difference, very smooth.

Very nice fit and finish! The bluing looks very good, as does the color case hardening

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice. There's just something sweet about an old style .45. :cool:

3. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Very nice! Range report? How is the point-of-impact in relation to the point-of-aim?

4. sbninja

sbninja New Member

Thank's. Yep, something about the old west;)

I shot at 12 yards, and it was dead on;) This was my first time shooting a Colt clone SAA. I did not know the proper sight picture, so I just held the "tip" of the front sight in the notch at the rear, and held 6 O'clock. As the bullets hit bullseye, I quess I was correct;)

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I always wanted a single action .45, but it's always a crap shoot with fixed sights. Some guns shoot to POA and others don't. None of my fixed-sight Uberti BP revolvers shoot exactly to POA - have to use "kentucky windage". Sounds like you have a good one! Uberti does a real nice job with fit and finish.

6. WDB

WDB New Member

That is a nice looking pistol, I hope it shoots as well as it looks.

Lucky you!

7. Gunsmokeray

Gunsmokeray New Member

Smart move with the Wolff springs. You will have a lot of fun with your Uberti. Jim Downing engraved my backstrap at End of Trail while I watched for $55. He does great work and it really makes the gun more special. www.thegunengraver.com

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Good looking gun you have there.

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Please give us a range report when you get the chance.

10. Jimski

Jimski Member

Yes the Uberti fit and finish is excellent but I had to send my new Cattelmen in to get it shooting straight. Shooting about 5 inches to the left at 20ft.. I think the barrel needs to be screwed in about a sixteenth of an inch. Hope to have it back in a week and shooting straight.

11. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

You are in trouble now! Next it will be a .45 lever gun and then a 12 gauge coach gun and of course another .45 sixgun maybe with a longer barrel. A holster with one being a crossdraw. Then you can join SASS (http://sassnet.com/) choose an alias buy new clothes for that and spend weekends shooting all those guns in competition. A terrible addiction but one I have enjoyed for years :D. Beautiful gun that you will enjoy for years.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  12. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

Very nice piece, hope to buy one myself on Monday. So far I haven't heard anything bad about them, even from a guy on You-tube that had a Vaquero and a Cattleman. He did say that the screws shake loss on the Uberti, but that is why the supreme being made Loc-tite. Are you having any problems finding ammo?

13. CrunchyFrog

CrunchyFrog Member

I agree with Tom-you need to bring your revolver to a cowboy match and really start having fun.