New turkey gun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by jessie94, Feb 2, 2015.

1. jessie94

jessie94 New Member

I am looking to buy a new turkey gun for around $800 I want a 12 gauge cambered for 3". I'd like to find one that is a little more lightweight than most shotguns. It doesn't matter if it's pump or semi. Any ideas?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jessie,
    Mossberg Model 930 Turkey (Camo)
    Here is my suggestion! I have one but mine does not have the pistol grip. But it is the camo pattern like this gun and I have an EOTech Model 512 Optic on it. You would be amazed shooting the EOTech on it with the 1 MOA Dot and 65 MOA Circle. Put the Turkey in the circle and shoot. You do not even need a cheek weld to shoot.
    And the shotgun runs well under $800. Like mine very much!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0a-9diE8I

3. natman

natman Member

Mossberg 500 Turkey with LPA trigger and 20" barrel. Camo, fiber optic sights, 3" chambering and weighs 6 lbs 1 oz.

4. natman

natman Member

Mossberg 500 Turkey with LPA trigger and 20" barrel. Camo, fiber optic sights, 3" chambering and weighs 6 lbs 1 oz.

Also costs a lot less than $800.

5. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Sorry to be cynical, but I can't think of anything easier than shooting a bird on the ground with a shotgun. The actual shooting is the easiest part of turkey hunting. And, you are shooting it like a rifle, so fit and handling are far from critical. I have turkey hunted, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. A new good semi choice will be limited by your budget, but just about any of the major brand pump guns have a model that will do it for far under your budget.

6. -06

-06 New Member

The sons and I bought 500 Mossbergs that handle 3" shells. Few yrs back I bought a designated turkey hunter---Benelli w/super choke thingy. Stay away from that 930 Mossy--mine jams with anything less than mags.