New Training Class Room

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by Dzscubie, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I don't know if y'all were aware that I started a new company last year. I took the plunge and went and received my Instructor certificate from Texas Department of Public Safety and am now qualified to teach and certify for the Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL). My companies name is “Tex-X Defense” and I teach basic handgun safety and handling, an introduction to Handguns for women, and the CHL class. I’m planning to expand the type and number of classes but as it is now I have more people than I can schedule classes for. As I do not have a gun shop or independent location (offices are expensive to rent) I racked my brain to come up with a place to teach. “BAM” it hit me and after checking around decided my idea had merit. I bought a FEMA trailer (31 foot) and stripped it out of everything except the bathroom in the back. I put a new floor in and new tile and outfitted it as a classroom. I have air conditioning for the summer but will have to use electric heaters for the winter but now I can teach when I want. Here is a picture of the finished classroom. I still have to get a larger screen for my power point and am planning on mounting it on the ceiling like when we were in school.

What do you think?

Scubie

Attached Files:

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I think ya did good. REAL GOOD!!!!!!!!

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Scubie, it looks good! i think you had a pretty dang good idea and ran with it. wish you much luck in your new business.

just one question, is it going to be stationary or portable, beings it's a FEMA type trailor?

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Great idea and it looks very nice. Congratulations on being so motivated and getting it done. I like it very much.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Looks good! Most of the firearms training classes I attended when on active duty were in trailers.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Great idea, looks great too. Best of luck with your new business...

7. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

welcome to the game.....

8. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Very nice, good luck on the new venture.

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Lookin' good!! Best wishes on your new endeavor...;)

10. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

AXXE,

I can move the trailer as it is if I would like to, but I'm planning on leaving it where it is. It has leveling jacks and once down is very solid. The problem that people associate with FEMA trailers is the formaldehyde problem that came from assembling and sending out without proper curing of the cabinets and other wood work. I’ve removed all that so I don’t have that problem. It actually tows very nice behind my F350.

Scubie

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I think you have created a perfect, intimidate training environment where you will see, as the instructor, if the students are truly getting what you are teaching.

It's perfect for you Scubie. Really perfect. The way you interface with people, this is going to draw them in and make them feel really connected to what you are teaching them.

I think these students are going to get a really great education from a top notch instructor and a hell of a good guy. ;)

Sign me up!!

JD

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

that's an excellent idea and set up, congratulations! One idea, rather than the drop down screen you could just put up a whiteboard on the back wall - there it can function both as a screen and a writing surface.

One question - is the trailer mobile? can you haul that thing around or is it meant to be stationary? I would think if it were mobile you could take that thing to the customers if need be :)

13. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

It looks great, congratulations on your accomplishments.

Be sure to install at least one fire extinguisher in the class room. Like a gun, hope never to have to use it, but good to have just in case.