New toy

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Gert999, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Finally got my hi-point 995ts!!! I know it's a hi point but their rifles are just fine shoot like a dream. Accurate right out the case. Only problems I had is it has trouble getting the mag in, helps if u hold mag release button. Fun cheap gun, cheap to shoot and no sore shoulder after :D Wife loves the hell outta it. kids just a little to small can't hold it and shoot but that's why they make benches :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. opaww

opaww New Member

Gratz, it should bring many days of fun for you and family

3. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

There sweet guns,i love mine. You can get a clip to hold 2 mags in the stock from hi points web site and 15 round mags from midway I think.

4. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

I cant decide if I like the scope or the irons better though.

ForumRunner_20120808_053833.jpg

5. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I picked one up about a month ago but haven't had a chance to shoot her yet. Going up to the main land Monday and am going to bring her along. Living on a 4 mile X 2 mile island we don't have many places to shoot rifles in Key West. Looking forward to seeing what this rifle will do.

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Here is my new TOY...............

Attached Files:

7. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

It looks good with the scope.

8. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm going to put a few hundred rounds through her iron sight first then decide if I want a scope.

For a range toy/plinker I think a scope would be fun but as a home defense weapon I think iron sight is the way to go. Not like I'm going to be making any long distance sniper shots in my living room.

9. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Yeah it looks better with yhe scope but It shoots better with the irons.

10. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Is the scope sighted in properly?

11. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

I did it the same way I did my other ones.

12. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Ya i'm thinking of trying out the red dot they have for it. midway between iron and long scope

13. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Been thinking about getting one of these. Seems like they'd make an OK HD gun. They cycle hollowpoints fine and they always go bang when you pull the trigger.

I don't think people judge high points fairly. If you see someone with a brand new 1911 and there having some sort of minor issue cycling some ammo or what have you, people will say "oh you just have to break it in". If you see someone with a brand new high point, and their having issues, people say it's a piece of crap. For some odd reason, at least from what I've noticed, people set the high point to a higher standard. It's important to remember what's the $150 gun and what's the $1000 gun.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I got a 995TS about a year ago, and it's great!

This company has the best Customer Service in

the business, and is completely AMERICAN.

There are larger mags available, and wait till

you sight in a red dot...;)