New Toy :)

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by bullet, Mar 31, 2011.

1. bullet

bullet New Member

Stainless EEA Witness .45 ACP that I got in a trade and some cash for a lever action I had. Some might bring up the fact that some EEA Witness in .45 and 10mm developed cracks in the slides when using +P ammo like 950fps and above in the .45 ACP. That has been pretty well taken care of by the gun maker in Italy by installing stronger springs.

I have already have a much stronger spring recommended by the manufacture in this pistol and it can handle +P rounds but I prefer and like the 230gr FMJ at about 850fps. I will be trying Speer Lawman, CCI (brass not aluminum cases), Remington, Winchester, and Magtech, before I even begin to hand load. So far this pistol shoots really good. It is the most accurate .45 ACP I have owned to date. It really feels good and point so natural, and this pistol has been a pleasant surprise inceed. When I finish testing different factory ammo I will let you all know how it does. Here are some pictures of the Stainless EEA Witness .45 ACP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Looks nice, range report?

3. bullet

bullet New Member

Here is ten shots at 25yds standing free hand with Speer Lawman ammo. All the other ammo I mentioned is on order and and being shipped for me to try.

[​IMG]

4. orangello

orangello New Member

That is freakin beautiful!

5. Wambli

Wambli Member

Fine gun! I got the same gun in 10mm. Bought it 6 years ago, no issues with frame cracking.

[​IMG]

6. bullet

bullet New Member

orangello, you are so right about it being a very nice looking pistol. :)

7. bullet

bullet New Member

Hey Wambi, I am sure glad you posted the fact that you have a Witness in 10mm and your has just run fine for so long. I really like this one and will be trying different ammo through this one. I will use 185gr Hornady with the plastic insert for in house defense and the 230 FMJ as a back up carry when I am hunting and as a camp gun. Thanks for telling me about your 10mm.

8. Wambli

Wambli Member

My pleasure! BTW that is not stainless. It's EAA's proprietary Wonder Finish, some sort of "surface hardening". It is rust resistant but not rustproof. I haven't had any issues with it and I'm not one of the guys that babies guns so it's a tough finish but I didn't know if you knew that.

Anyway great gun! You are going to enjoy it a lot.

9. bullet

bullet New Member

Hey, I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. Always new things to learn. Thanks :D

10. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I recently bought a Witness Match in .45. Great pistol. If you don't enjoy it, you're doing it wrong.

11. Wambli

Wambli Member

Always man, everyday...

12. bullet

bullet New Member

I sent you a PM but they said you tried to send me one and my inbox was full but I only have two messages in it. Can't figure that one out. :confused:

13. Wambli

Wambli Member

I think when you are new you only get two PMs until you get at least so many posts under your belt. Maybe if you delete the first two it'll go through. If it doesn't let me know.

14. bullet

bullet New Member

I emptied them but your PM has not shown up. :)

15. bullet

bullet New Member

A few more pictures for fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice looking piece.

It looks like a DA Browning Hi-Power. (That's a good thing, to me anyways.)

17. bullet

bullet New Member

It is an EEA Witness and it is like a CZ75

18. mkett39

mkett39 New Member

nice gun and that holster looks nice. I have the same gun in the compact model and is a great shooter.