New Toy Just Ordered

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Thebiker, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

[​IMG]

Just got off the phone with my dealer. This baby should be in on Tues or Wed. :D Can't wait, it will be the first brand new Sig that I bought....the others were just new to me. This is a E26R-9-B, 9mm with contrast sights. I got the night sights on my Sig P245 and just wasn't impressed.

Walt

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Nice-looking pistol!

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Did someone say that a range report is coming? Congrats.

4. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Range report will arrive late next week, barring complications, like some other part of life intruding between me and the range. If it does, I'll just have to carry a different pistol or revolver until I get to the range:cool:.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations on the new pistol.

6. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

Ain't nothin' like the smell of a new Sig. Except..............maybe an old one.:D Congrats.

7. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Congrats on your new toy. Looking forward to your report.

8. jna142

jna142 New Member

That is a sweet ass gun.

9. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Congrats on the new purchase. Sig makes a nice sidearm.

10. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Nice acquisition. I have been looking at one of those myself. It will be good to see your range report.

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice piece of kit. I look forward to seeing how she runs!

12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Biker!

Nice Pistol! I am sure you will like your SIG!!!

13. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Don't you just hate responsiblities getting in the way of play:mad:!

Wasn't able to pick my P226 up until Thursday evening and had to take the wife into Phoenix Friday for a medical appointment. Now it looks like I can't get to the range before Monday.

That of course didn't stop me from tearing it all apart as soon as I got it home. I just love how easy the classic Sigs come apart, pull back the slide, flip the take down lever and its done. A full field strip, cleaning, lubing and reassembly at least made me fell a little better. Well range report hopefully the first part of next week. In the meantime I guess I just carry the P239, or a SP101, or a GP100.....it won't be easy but what can you do?

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You poor poor soul. That brand new 226 staring at you begging to be shot and carried. What will you do? That's a nice one!!

Btw, my brother lives out that way in Goodyear. :)

15. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

I appreciate your sympathy Gojubrian. I'm dealing by putting it in the main safe so I don't have to look at it until Monday when I head to the range. And I only whimper when I think about it:(.

16. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

OK, just back from the range.....and the smile on my face is probably stuck there for a while. Started off slow, 3 partial magazines just to get the feel of the trigger, which is pretty darn smooth, not as smooth as my P239, but the P239 has had close to a thousand rounds through it.

Click on the link below for a look at the first full (15 rounds) magazine from my new baby. This target was at 10 yards. Target was a standard silouette. I think the picture is all the range report needed:D.

http://img.mypicturetown.com/cache/k_yyl2IHtpoULYN6zE9ptqtLjf04.1LJHNN0PIg6G9U5B*H2TZncz7h89c-jcHH/item.JPG?rot=1

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member