New to the site, looking for some direction from the pros...

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by jmc19Rosw72, Nov 4, 2010.

1. jmc19Rosw72

jmc19Rosw72 New Member

Good afternoon ya'll,

I've aquired a Mossberg .22 702 Plinkster and have been looking around for few things, hopefully you can help:

I'd like to put a scope on it since my eye sight isn't wasn't it was many years ago - in fact I've found it necessary to use Night Sights on my my Handguns for the contrasting colorsl Figured a Sight would be the best bet for a .22 just don't know what scope and bracket would be best served - don't want to spend too much money. A store here in town is selling a BSA for $79 I've been looking at.

Secpmd: I REALLY want to put a Bi-Pod on it - can I pick up just about anything and moount it? there's no sling mounts on the butt nor the hand rail.

Lastly: i came across a webcross the first day I had the thing and didn't save it, but it offered a 25 round Magazine for $35 and 70 round drum for $50. I've since been unable to find the sight. Does anyone know where to buy a couple 20 round plus mags or how to modifiy mags to make them?

I llo forward to hearing your replies!!!

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

3. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

Where are the pros?

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Not a pro but SWFA has some BSA Sweet 22's on sale for $40+ship. They also have a BSA 4x16 IR for $50+ship. Both scopes have adjustable objective lenses. Simmons is running a 25% off rebate on their scopes. Scopes for 22 lr are usually parallaxed at 50 yds so dont buy a standard rifle scope which are parallaxed at 100 yds. Stay with 22, shotgun or adjustable objective scopes.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I now know why Simmons is offering 25% off. Dont buy one. I had a 3x12 AO go bad on a 22 so I returned it . They sent me a new 4x14 Aetec, their top of the line. Great I thought.:D This is too nice a scope for the 22 so I stuck it on my 308 bolt. It took less than 40 rnds of 308 to break it.:mad: I wont be buying anymore Simons scopes. I had to change scopes at the range. I had a bad feeling and brought a Burris 3x9x40 with me along with a torque wrench, bits and a collimeter. I matched the settings from the Simmons and It only took me 6 shots with the Burris to sight in and the last 3 were under an inch.