new to the m4 world did i get ok parts?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bushyspikemaster, Sep 16, 2011.

1. bushyspikemaster

bushyspikemaster New Member

ok ive never owned a m4 before so i dont know what parts are good so this is what i bought i boguth a spike tactical lower and a bushmaster m4a3 6.8 spc upper is this a good build i got it all for around 988.88 what i want to know is are there any flaws with this build and if i got a good deal thank you

Bu$hY$pIkEm@$tEr

2. bushyspikemaster

i am also new to this gun forum and i see people have read my post and no one has replied i dont feel the love on this gun site none of you people know if its a good build or not?

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about those.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

You picked a good caliber, 6.8 spc.

Need more information to know for sure about the deal. Spikes Tactical is well thought of on here.

Does your build include sights, optics, free float rail, etc.? Is it a carbine gas system, mid-length gas system? How about the trigger, is it 2 stage?

5. bushyspikemaster

to be honest i am not sure i know its a bushmaster m4a3 6.8 upper no its not a stage 2 trigger it was the basic 70 dollar cmmg lower parts kit
    80 dpms ap4 stock i dont no weather its mid length or carbine like i said im new to the ar/gun world only guns ive owned before were the wasr 10/63 ak and mossberg 500 and those were way more simple so i am just trying to learn as much as i can thank you also just wondering if i am going to run into any problems using the 2 different brands together or if i need a bushmaster lower to go with the upper just want to make sure there all compatible :):):):)

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

The beauty of the AR15 platform is interchangeability of parts. You should not encounter problems mating a Spikes Lower to a Bushmaster, DPMS or any other mil spec upper.

Click this link for lots of good AR info: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  7. bushyspikemaster

ok found out its carbine length

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

6.8 is a good round ballisticlie but not so great when it comes to purchasing ammo. It's expensive to feed for sure.

Was it something someone else built or did you purchase the upper and lower complete from a manufacturer/retailer?

Just under a grand is a lot to spend on a BM and especially on a rifle you don't know anything about. You're not even sure if it's a mid length or carbine.I suggest a some research should have been done first.

I think you got screwed on the deal even if it was a factory new unit let alone a build by some unknown person.

For that price you could have got yourself something much better.

Sorry if all this is coming after the fact but that's what happens when the research is not done before the purchase.

Lastly what you have would be an AR15 variant. M4s are researved for LE and mil use.

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

6.8 spc has some good ballistics and i believe a lot of potential to become a caliber that will stand the test of time. factory ammo for this caliber is a little pricey, and i would suggest maybe start reloading for it to offset some of the cost. buy factory ammo, shoot it, save the brass and reload it! or buy lots of empty cases and reload it. i have given some thought to buying a 6.8 spc upper and putting it on my m4a2 bushmaster, and havin two different guns in one! just haven't made the jump yet.

10. bushyspikemaster

it is carbine they were brand new parts i picked them out at the store down the street this is the only store in a 150 mile range that sell california legal ars and the reason i settled for that price was because it was the cheapest option or i could have spent 1200 on a century arms ar 15 that was alredy built but i thought this would be a better deal and i thought the price was about right cuz ive been looking up different ones online all in the same price range so all together what i know is that its a bushmaster m4a3 6.8 spc carbine upper with a spikes tactical lower with cmmg lower parts kit and a dpms stock so that everything i got out of the deal oh and also the bullet button to make it california legal and that price included the dros fee what should all this have cost me? thanx for the info

11. Axxe55

part of your problem is that you live in california and have to abide by buying firearms that are california compliant! IMO, i think what you paid for that rifle is probably about right, not cheap, but not so high as to feel you've been raped either!

12. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Bushy makes good stuff :)

They're owned by Cerebus, same folks who own DPMS, Remington, Marlin, & Others...

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

$1200 for a CIA AR15? HOLY SH*T!

Makes me thankful I live where I do. Not to big not to small and we can purchase a complete BCM or Colt for $1200 - $900 and I don't have to put up w/ liberals as much.

14. Axxe55

there are some good deals on rifles in the AR platform. i gave some thought to buying a parts kit and putting one together myself, but ended up buying a secondhand bushmaster m4a2 carbine for $800 that had less than 50 rnds shot thru it. it still looks like a new rifle. for my next AR, i think i might build one from the ground up, using parts that fit what i'm looking for, not price. my next one will be a flattop upper, m4 tactical lower, freefloated barrel and open sights. but could change! i am still thinking about buying a 6.8 spc upper for my bushmaster, and if i find the right deal or one on sale i might make the purchase.