New (to me) Hi Power

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by utf59, Jul 2, 2011.

1. utf59

utf59 New Member

I've been wanting a Hi Power for a long time, and I finally found a good deal when I could jump on it.

So here's my Hi Power Mark III:

Hi-Power.jpg

I took it to the range the other day and ran a couple hundred rounds through it. So far, no malfunctions (of the gun, anyway).

I spent most of the day shooting at steel, but here are 12 rounds shot at a Shoot N C target from 10 yards:

DSCN0773.jpg

The previous owner did a little trigger work, and it's VERY crisp. I love it, but it's taking some getting used to.

I'm sorry there weren't more pictures. I got a friend to take these. My wife had our camera so she could take pictures like this:

261624_10150225937013194_639903193_7207637_5770903_n.jpg

I am loving the Hi Power! Now I have to find a holster (or two).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations on your Hi Power. It's called "The King of the Nines" for a reason. I've had three and if I ever get fat & sassy again, I will have another.

BTW, I'm not seeing any pictures. I don't know if it's me or if it's on your end.

3. utf59

utf59 New Member

Probably my end. Apparently I only thought I knew how to post pictures here. :confused: I'd appreciate some guidance.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  5. utf59

utf59 New Member

There they are. Thanks, Cane!

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'm jealous.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Does it still have the mag lock?

I run 15 round Mec-Gar mags in both my BHP's. Great mags at a reasonable price.

Mec-Gar Magazine Browning Hi-Power 9mm Luger 15-Round Steel Blue - MidwayUSA

Mec-Gar Magazine Browning Hi-Power 9mm Luger 15-Round Steel Nickel Plated - MidwayUSA

Be careful when you order a holster. Ask them if the holster they sell is designed for the Browning. Many, Crossbreed Super Tuck for example, sells the same holster for the 1911 and the BHP. Makes for a lousy fit.

Man that gun begs for wood stocks!

Attached Files:

8. utf59

utf59 New Member

Nope. I'm sure that has something to do with how nice the trigger feels. That, and he replaced the hammer, sear and trigger spring.

I was looking at those. My local gun shop has them for $29.99. I bought a couple of Mec-Gars for a gun I no longer own, but I liked the mags.

I've been looking for holsters made specifically for Hi Powers. I didn't know that Crossbreed was doing that, though. Thanks for the tip.

I might try some wood stocks at some point, but I actually like the all-black look.