New to glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dalefan88, Aug 27, 2014.

1. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

I got the craving for another 9mm. I have a beretta 92fs. Wanted another 9mm small to carry so I bought my first glock. It's a 19 gen 4. I put 150rds thru it with no problems. I'm very happy with it.
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1409178054.925992.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Did you add that beaver tail?

3. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

It's one of the 4 back straps that come with the gen 4. I haven't tried them all yet to see which one I like the best.

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

You could not have chosen a better handgun for the stated purpose. Shoot the heck out of it, it will only get better.

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have never fired my G19 with one of the backstraps on the gun.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

And you call yourself a Glockie? :eek:

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The G19 is very easy to carry. I don't see how he could have got a better firearm for his stated purpose than a G19. My G19 is so easy to carry I frequently fall asleep on the couch with the G19 holstered.

If you notice Glock's don't have many corners, everything about them is rounded. While the rounded design is not eye catching, it allows the shooter to carry a larger gun without the gun poking the user.

The way my body is built it is easier for me to carry a 7 or 8 inch gun than a 6 inch gun. I have to pocket carry the 6" gun because it pokes me in the hip. The longer gun goes above my hip where there is a perfect place for the stock/grip.

In this photo I was working in the yard. I had worked up a sweat. The same T shirt easily conceals the G19.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  8. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Cool...

I have the same one (though I have modded mine)

excellent carry holster - the safariland with ALS. put the gun in and it STAYS..no one can pull it out. Grab your gun and flick the little thumb switch and pop..comes out like it was never held

If you ever decide to UPGRADE it

The DPM Recoil Spring kit - heavy duty recoil spring and steel rod - slips right in where the stock one goes - reduced recoil ALOT and wont let the slide bang the frame

Ultimate Pyramid Trigger system from Glockstore - Gives you the rounded titanium safety plunger, skeletonized striker and of course, drop in trigger assembly. Makes the gun fire like a single action hammer fired. Pull on the safety on the trigger, and BANG,,,thats about all the trigger travel...amazing difference.

I got mine almost $100 off on a Memorial Day sale...who knows, they may have a labor day sale...LOL

There is even a video to show you how to put it all together, step by step.

Congrats...sorry if I got carried away...

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

That sounds unsafe to carry. The Glock trigger is what it is for a reason...

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I bought my gun new with the race connector and 3 1/2 lb springs. It didn't take long before I put the 5 1/2 lb springs back in the gun.

If I hated the Glock trigger I would have bought another gun. I like the stock Glock trigger, it is much like a two stage trigger for a rifle.

11. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

I just got 1,000rds of 9mm. I'll have to give the glock a workout. I might have to show my beretta alittle love to lol.

12. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

Got into my kids crayons today and made the glock purdy.
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1409492628.616070.jpg

13. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I love Glocks! My entire business started from modifying Glocks for competition and EDC. My business has grown from that to what it is today. The Glock 19 is the most popular Glock model I sell and enhance. It certainly is a great carry gun.

14. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Just keep am OPEN MIND when you evaluate any new firearm, especially a Glock!! There is so much more marketing hype and myth out there about a Glock it is hard not to be swayed by all of it. It is almost as bad as all the myth and misinformation about the 45 acp!:)

15. JimRau

I think this is a nice try. But I thing you need a milling machine not crayons to make it look better!!!;)

16. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

When it comes to Glocks, it's kind of like a Jeep. Pretty is as pretty does. The design philosophy is to provide only what is needed, and nothing more. An owner can tailor to their individual taste and needs (competition or carry).

Other manufacturers have been able to make the basic design more appealing to the eye. (S&W, Walther, H&K, etc).

Glock does get a lot of hype, and a lot of crap. The truth is in the middle somewhere.

17. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

Went out today the give the glock another workout. First I had to get my mossberg 500 out to do some weed wacking so I could see my plates.

I put another 150 flawless rounds thru it with no problems. 50rds of it was tulammo. I figured if it was going to choke it would be on this ammo. That puts total round count to 300rds.

My gen 4 must be new enough that glock got all the bugs worked out. This thing is built like a tank like my beretta m9.

18. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

Up to 400 flawless rounds

19. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1410140004.452853.jpg

20. JimRau

You don't even have the new wore off yet!!!;)