New to Glock, what sights do I have?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 12fretter, Jan 4, 2014.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

To make a long story short, I sent in a Gen 3 piece of crap G23 to the factory and for a fee, they replaced it with a refurbished Gen 4 G23. Mine are glowing dots. They're not real bright, but you can see them in the dark well enough. Are they factory night sights? Thanks for answering what might be a stupid question.

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Probably. Most aftermarket sights will have markings in it. My Trijicons say Trijicon. My Meprolights say Mepro.

3. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Can you replace the sights yourself or does that need a gunsmith?

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

They make a sight pushing tool for the rear. Not sure how the front is attached on a Gen 4.

On Gen 3 and earlier guns I've changed my own sights with a padded vice to hold the slide and a Delrin punch, and duct tape to pad the sight and slide while I drifted it in with a hammer. Sometimes a fine file or polishing stone is needed to get the sight ground down just a bit to be able to get it started, but don't get crazy and take off too much metal or you will have a loose sight.

The from sight on the gen 3 and earlier guns usually comes with a screw and a wrench along with red loc-tite. Fairly straight forwArd for changeing out. At have to apply a little heat to the old sight if it has loc-tite already on it.

5. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

What you said:

They make a sight pushing tool for the rear. Not sure how the front is attached on a Gen 4.

On Gen 3 and earlier guns I've changed my own sights with a padded vice to hold the slide and a Delrin punch, and duct tape to pad the sight and slide while I drifted it in with a hammer. Sometimes a fine file or polishing stone is needed to get the sight ground down just a bit to be able to get it started, but don't get crazy and take off too much metal or you will have a loose sight.

The from sight on the gen 3 and earlier guns usually comes with a screw and a wrench along with red loc-tite. Fairly straight forwArd for changeing out. At have to apply a little heat to the old sight if it has loc-tite already on it.

What I heard:

Don't do it yourself you dumbass, just let someone else do it who knows what the heck they're doing.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

:p....................................