New to forum!!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by SPLrifleman, Feb 23, 2013.

1. SPLrifleman

SPLrifleman New Member

I just purchased my first AR 15 needing to learn some of the ins outs and anything anyones willing to share

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Welcome to the forum from California! Lots of info available here and not so much attitude as many of those other, suckier forums. The AR your first gun or have you got others?

3. Bowfisher247

Bowfisher247 New Member

Welcome to the group. Check out the stickys like the AR Primer and others to get a clear understanding of the AR platform.

4. SPLrifleman

SPLrifleman New Member

The ar is my first assault rifle I have a shotgun, muzzleloader, and a pistol

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You don't have an assault rifle so don't use that term for a semiauto rifle! Yes, definitely read the stickies, starting with Agent Tikki's Primer.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Howdy

You have acquired a Sport Utility Rifle. ;)

It is a prelude to Black Rifle Disease.

Welcome to the FTF community.

7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Welcome!

tell us more about your rifle! :)

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Welcome here from Oregon.

9. SPLrifleman

SPLrifleman New Member

Ok thanks guys like I said I'm new to this and I'm not pretending to know stuff that I clearly dont so please b understanding... I haven't gotten it yet one of my trusting buddies sent me to a guy that's building one for me right now I have no info or pics for u

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Don't trust someone to make all the right decisions for you, SPL. Odds are you won't be happy with it in six months.

Read and understand the Primer. once you know what you want in an AR, you take steering wheel before they screw you up. Very quickly you can know more than "that guy".

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  11. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Quentin makes a good point. I bought my first, it was just a plain jane basic AR. Within 3 months I was already putting a second together. And now i'm itching to modify it.

Welcome to the forum though. Just a bit of advice. We don't own assault rifles, the military does. There is no such thing as an assault weapon, it's a politically made up term. And we feed our toys with magazines. Clips are only used by rappers.

12. SPLrifleman

SPLrifleman New Member

Ok thanks guys for all the good input its all been taken into consideration