Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first AR 15 needing to learn some of the ins outs and anything anyones willing to share

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
Welcome to the forum from California! Lots of info available here and not so much attitude as many of those other, suckier forums. The AR your first gun or have you got others?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the group. Check out the stickys like the AR Primer and others to get a clear understanding of the AR platform.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
You don't have an assault rifle so don't use that term for a semiauto rifle! Yes, definitely read the stickies, starting with Agent Tikki's Primer.

·
Premium Member
11,317 Posts
Howdy

The ar is my first assault rifle I have a shotgun, muzzleloader, and a pistol
You have acquired a Sport Utility Rifle. ;)

It is a prelude to Black Rifle Disease.

Welcome to the FTF community.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here from Oregon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks guys like I said I'm new to this and I'm not pretending to know stuff that I clearly dont so please b understanding... I haven't gotten it yet one of my trusting buddies sent me to a guy that's building one for me right now I have no info or pics for u

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Don't trust someone to make all the right decisions for you, SPL. Odds are you won't be happy with it in six months.

Read and understand the Primer. once you know what you want in an AR, you take steering wheel before they screw you up. Very quickly you can know more than "that guy".

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Quentin makes a good point. I bought my first, it was just a plain jane basic AR. Within 3 months I was already putting a second together. And now i'm itching to modify it.

Welcome to the forum though. Just a bit of advice. We don't own assault rifles, the military does. There is no such thing as an assault weapon, it's a politically made up term. And we feed our toys with magazines. Clips are only used by rappers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts