New to EDC- Holster for M&P9c with safety & NS?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonathanSQ, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JonathanSQ

JonathanSQ New Member

Hi all,

I have been searching the forums and 'net but have not found a good answer. I have a S&W M&P9c with ambidextrous safety and AmeriGlo night sights (Sw-247 for reference).

Does anybody have any recommendations for IWB holsters? I see a lot of options but hardly any of them mention if they are compatible with the aftermarket sights or safety so hoping somebody has first hand experience and can offer some advise.

Also any general tips or advise for EDC? I am submitting my CWP paperwork on Monday and should have my permit within 90 days so I will be "new to EDC".

Appreciate any and all help :)

Jon

2. jp_over

jp_over New Member

Galco (summer comfort) is what I've used but I'm looking into the N82 tactical line. If you find something you like, give a call to the manufacturer before ordering just to be safe on the fit.

3. levelcross

levelcross New Member

The sights and safety should not interfere with the fit in most of the holster designs I have seen lately. My daughter carries a M&P9C in N82 and loves it, Remora, Tommy Theis, Galco and many others should have something to give a thought to. Research and handle if possible as most of us have a drawer or box of unused holsters.

4. JonathanSQ

JonathanSQ New Member

Hi guys,

I'll take a look into the Galco and N82. I have not heard of N82 before but they look comfortable...

And I wish I could handle some holsters locally but the 5 small pawn/LGS in the area only carry holsters for 2-3 types of subcompacts so that is not an option.

The two large LGSs in the area usually never have stock with the "craze" going on and I no longer shop at one since they've become more concerned with profit versus providing good customer service. Hence my question here :)

Appreciate the pointers in the right direction

Thanks
    Jon