New to BPMZ

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by McX358, Dec 14, 2009.

1. McX358

McX358 New Member

I'm new to black powder muzzel loading, have reapired quite a few of them; butu have nevery hunted with them. I have a chance next season to go to a place where it is either stick& strings :eek: or Black Powder only, oppting on the BP! I know there are so many new products out there, and not jutus in the guns themselves; but the powder, and bullets...I could go with building a breakopen on an old stvens 94 action/frame, or should I just go get a modern one already ready to go. :confused:

2. amoroque

amoroque New Member

When I first decide to go BP hunting somewhere I first check the rules and regs. For example "pelletized" powder is illegal to use for hunting in some states (Colorado). I would check out what is legal first then decide the gear second. Just my 2 pennies.

3. McX358

McX358 New Member

BP hunting

Good point. I will contact the FLFWC and find out exactly what are the requirements. Especially what type of equipment can be used? Sights, primer system, in-line etc. never even considered the powder type an issue; good to know. I’m looking to either build or purchase depending on mood at the moment, an accurate hard hitting muzzleloader that will be able to take down a 900 pound critter. Would like the lean up and fouling be at a minimum. The area where the hunting will be is an large island surrounded by a shallow bay, tidal swamps, and marshes, so it’s looking towards some from or stainless or corrosion protection.