New to ARs

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by blucoondawg, Apr 14, 2011.

1. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I'm looking at getting an AR sometime this year, I don't know a whole lot about them other than there are many different makes out there. What would you suggest for a good dependable starter rifle that shoots decent. I don't mind paying a little more for decent quality. My buddy has a Olmypic Arms and he's getting 2" groups at 100 yards, seems to me that isn't too good of grouping for that round, even out of an auto rifle.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Try these guys:

CDNN Sports, Inc.

CALL 800-588-9500 TO ORDER

OFFERS EXPIRES MONDAY APRIL 18th @ 6pm CST

You will not find Colt quality this low priced for long!

[​IMG]

Colt 6520 AR15 A2LE LE Marked .223 16" Light Hammer Forged Barrel w/Bird Cage
    1-20rd Colt Mag 4-Position Collapsible Stock Fixed Carry Handle Bayonet Lug
    Rare Canadian MFG Marked Colt Defense USED-Very Good to Excellent

3-FREE 223 20RD C-Product Mags #CPR20BLK &
    FREE Target Sports Quad Rail Handguard #TAR132

#COLCAN6520EXC $769.99

[​IMG]

Colt 6520 AR-15 A2 223 16" Carbine Fixed Carry Handle
    4-Position Retractable Stock Muzzle Brake Bayonet Lug
    LE Marked 2-20rd Mags New

3-FREE 223 20RD C-Product Mags #CPR20BLK &
    FREE Target Sports Quad Rail Handguard #TAR132

#COLAR6520 $899.99

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

4. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Have you entertained the thought of building one?

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

cool they gonna be at the waukesha gunshow tommorrow and this weekend. im headed to that show myself gonna check em out.

6. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I did consider building one, but I didn't know if I may be cheaper just buying one of decent quality, also being that I'm new to the whole AR market, I don't really know what I need to build one or what parts are good or not so good

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Then you, my friend, have come to the right place. First please go to the top of this section. There are several Stickied threads that have a ton of entry level information about building an AR and there are a couple of build projects that started with people in your exact shoes.

Do a little reading and see what you think. We recommend people build at least the lower if they can, so they understand how the unit works and know how to care and maintain them once they own them.

The platform is not complicated, but many on the Internet will have you believe that it is. Trust us, it's not. You just need the right advice as you make educated choices. ;)

JD

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  8. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

http://www.del-ton.com/ar_15_kits_s/1.htm

If you actually entertain the idea of building one these kits seem top be a great deal. I have a friend that got one and the fit and finish was great. You will hear good and bad about them but that is the same for about all of the brands.

I myself have not bought and build one of theirs so i cant give my honest evaluation of them. For 465 ish and a stripped lower for 100 bucks then you can be into a good rifle.