new to .22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by bogcjg, Jul 7, 2011.

1. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

just bought a marlin 882 .22 wmr with a deer hunter bsa ir scope stainless steel barrel and senthetic stock

2. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

Congrats! I've got one of those I gave to my son a couple of years ago after I bought a 17HMR.

The .22WMR is accurate out to about 100 yards without too much drop. The 17HMR is good to 170+ (that's the furthest I've been able to find to shoot it around here, it would probably reach out to 200).

3. bogcjg

bogcjg New Member

i

thanx i am real sycked up cant wait to try it ou further just been shooting off the back porch for today

4. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Check over at RimfireCentral for nifty upgrade tricks, tips & hints :)

Easiest one is the second stock/action screw, if it doesn't have that already.
    Escutcheons are another fast upgrade...gives you more consistant stock/action mating.
    And most of 'em love a good trigger job, if the previous owner didn't already take care of that.
    Takes about 30-45 minutes the first time, 10-15 min after you get used to it.

The newer .22 WMR ammo has a lot better speed than the old, so you get to use everything from 30-grain to 50-grain bullets,
    from 2300 FPS (30-grain) down to 1530 FPS (50-grain).

New Hornaday Ammo expected soon is suposed to be even faster :D