new sw 686 2 1/2 barrel accuracy

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Woodsman, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Woodsman

Woodsman New Member

Hi everyone, i bought a new sw 686 2 1/2 barrel and as of yet have not fired it. I was wondering if anyone here owns one, and if so how they liked it. My big question is, givin the short barrel length, what kind of accuracy should i expect at a reasonable distance. Thanks in advance everybody.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Got a regular fishing pole? The next time you're on the beach, stretch the pole out as far as you can and with the tip of the pole, draw a circle around you in the sand.
    Anything inside that circle doesn't stand a chance! [​IMG]

3. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Can you crack my arse up.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  4. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

Short barreled guns don't give up too much in the way of accuracy.

I had a 3" Charter Bulldog .44 Special many years ago. I was able to hit picnic type paper plates at the one hundred yard range with it. I had to elevate the muzzle so that the base of the front sight was even with the top of the rear, and could get two or three hits out of five shots at that range. I just did this as a stunt, you understand, and would never consider such a gun for long range work. But the point is, it could do it.

Bob Wright

5. Woodsman

Woodsman New Member

Thanks everyone

Thanks all, i apreciate all the great feed back.

6. Quis custodiet

Quis custodiet New Member

I've had experiences similar to Bob.

My 2.5" Model 66 will hit a 12" x 24" metal plate target at 100 yards. I've done this many times; usually hitting 4 for 6 from a full cylinder.