New SUR rifle

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by tierone, Jul 19, 2011.

1. tierone

tierone New Member

I am designing a new SUR rifle. What are some features you think I could incorporate

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  2. TCH2FLY

TCH2FLY New Member

Make it accurate and reliable ... and a description doesn't include "assault" :rolleyes:

3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Accepts and uses commonly available magazines such as the AR-15 (5.56) and M-14 (.308).

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Well assault rifles are rifles used to assault people your gonna have to find a lot of volunteers to assault with each one before you can sell them. Good luck i hope your volunteers dont sue for damages.

Buttstroke someone with a red ryder and you got yourself an assault rifle. Not sure there is a market for that but im all for a capitilist economy. Never know what product will take off and grow the economy

5. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Copy Tavor TAR-21 but make it cheaper and available to US civilians. :D

6. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Make it standard with all the best accessories: flashlight, red laser, green laser, infra-red laser, traditional scope with as many adjustments as possible (windage, elevation, time of day, height of target, horriscope sign) , red dot site, grenade launcher, telescoping bi-pod, cork screw, can opener, back-up accessories of all the aforementioned accessories.

Oh, and it has to be under 7 lbs 2 oz, or Nutnfancy will dock you for weight points.

And it must be Ninja Matte Black. Nothing says "assault" like a black rifle...

7. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Make a Sport Utility Rifle with the reliability of an AK after a mud bath but with the accuracy of an AR-15.

8. knfxda

knfxda New Member

I think you're confusing the Assault Rifle with the Battery Rifle (not to be confused with a Battery-Powered Rifle).

I'd prefer a Battery Rifle. I'd want it to perform actual violence and not just the threat of violence.

And a bottle-opener is a must.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Make it kill zombies.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Too late, its been done.

Attached Files:

11. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Wouldnt it be some crap if this guy DOES design the next big thing and we all want what he did? LOL! Never know....(not likely, but oh well)

12. opaww

opaww New Member

Make it reliable

Light weight (under 7 Lbs.)

Uses standard AR-15/M-16 Mags or M-14 Mags.

Quick changeable barrels and calibers

Accuracy of the M-14

Cost of a good AK-47

Available to the general public

And don't call it an assault weapon

13. opaww

opaww New Member

I hope he can

14. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Sorry but jumping into a forum and opening up with I'm designing a new AR makes me think that his design is the rifle version of Napoleon Dynomite's Liger!

[​IMG]

If he came on here and was like, I'm so-and-so and I own gun manufacturing company x, and I've been designing and working with guns for x number of years, and my background is x, and here are the designs I've done in the past, maybe I'd have a little faith.

Heck, if he just came in and said. Make believe you could create an SUR from scratch, what would you create, he could be taken seriously.

In the meantime, this can be and has been an entertaining thread. ;)

Or heck, tell us what his design is so far and then ask for suggestions, comments, and feedback.

On a side note, I'm creating a new pistol bullet to replace all known handgun calibers. What are some features you think I could incorporate.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  15. tierone

tierone New Member

Good point knfxda. I would love too show you guys my design but since we do live in a capitalistic country anyone of you could take my design write your name on it then take it to any gun manufacturing company in the country and sell it.

16. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

ROFL!!!!! Good one. You don't want us to have your super secrets......... bwahahaha!!

17. tierone

tierone New Member

Knfxda also about your pistol cartridge. What you want is the knock down power of a .45 but the speed, accuracy, and low recoil of the 9mm. Thats a lot to ask

18. opaww

opaww New Member

I do wish you luck tierone and hope you are successful, remember the Wright Bros. had no formal engineering train or education and look at what they achieved. Many of the things we buy, use and see everyday came from this same attitude and from people who had no company to produce it nor any engineering exp.

19. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

EXACTLY! That is the problem with designing firearms today, it is difficult to come up with anything new. Everything is a rehash of an idea JMB had 100 years ago.

20. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Well, I'm not afraid to share my design. It's a .32 inside a .380 inside a 9mm inside a 3.57 inside .40 inside a .45 inside a .50.

I've painted it to look like a kid's toy so that liberal anti-gunners won't be afraid of the world's most deadliest bullet of all times!

[​IMG]