New summer carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by NGIB, May 13, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I generally carry a pocket gun, lately my Sig P238. I really didn't have anything that was small & light but with a bit more punch - but I fixed that problem last evening. It's a Kahr P9 (with night sights) and it makes a nice upgrade when the pocket gun isn't necessary. During the week (I work on a military post), I keep the pocket gun in the truck and can arm myself quickly when I leave post. On the weekends when I can dress around my carry gun is when I'll pack the Kahr. I've owned a number of them and they certainly fill a niche in the market. This one is currently loaded with Golden Sabres...

[​IMG]

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Geez... if I only had a nickel for every time you buy, sell, or trade.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice and congrats. I like those, they're slim and would seem to be easy to carry.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm getting dizzy! [​IMG]

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Hey guys, life is all about experiences - how can you know if you really like something unless you own it for a while. I had one and missed is - so I got another one...

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I like it! I've been wanting to try out the KAHR's, but are they really worth the $$$$$?

7. orangello

orangello New Member

It looks nice! Can we get a side by side pic with another pistol for size comparison, please kind sir?

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Here's a pic of the P9 sitting next to an XD9 Service model. It's about an inch shorter in length & height - and considerably thinner. Kahr's claim to fame is thin - and they are with no protruding controls at all. The trigger is like a very smooth and very light S&W K-frame revolver in DA pull. In length & width it's about the same size as an XD9 subcompact - but nowhere near as "chunky". To be fair, remember the Kahr is a single stack with 7-8 in the mag where the XD9 SC is double stack and has 13 in the mag. As far as worth it - I only have about $75 more in this one than I have in the XD and it came with a nice leather IWB holster and night sights...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  9. orangello

orangello New Member

Very cool! Thin would be a useful feature.

Nice color on the XD. :)

10. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

Nice Kahr. You'll almost forget it's there.

11. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

12. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

I need to get in and handle of those p9's. I carry the K9 and am interested in the difference in weight and recoil. I keep reading very good things about them - Nice summer piece!

13. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I carried this one around in an IWB today while running errands and it's great for the hot weather here. I had a K9 for a time and the P9 is just so much lighter and easier to carry in summer clothes...

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Are they worth the money a normal guy could expect to get one for? I know you could get one for $25 nib, but someone like me could expect to pay much more,lol. Do you think there is a better choice for that much $$$?

Kahr Arms P-9 9mm 3.5" Poly Stainless Night Sights for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $695.00

$700 for us! :eek:

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Actually, just look for a CW-9 which is the economy version - they go for hundreds less. The big difference is the front sight isn't dovetailed and there's a bit less machining on the slide. Shoots the same and uses the same mags. Kahr now makes a night sight kit for the CW series if that's important to you.

When you try one you'll quickly realize that there are unlike nearly every other poly gun as they are light, thin, and very smooth...

16. tmoore912

tmoore912 New Member

Kahr is in the middle, next to a 4" Springfield Champion 1911 and a Kel-Tec ,380.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NGIB, glad you like the Kahr. They are great pistols.

17. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

congrats. I got the CW9 for the wife last year, the only thing she didnt like was the trigger pull.(too long). so I got her the ruger sr9c and she loves it. I was going to sell the cw9 but changed my mind its too nice to let go.