New Stoeger Cougar in 45 acp.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by DaveShooter, Jan 19, 2010.

1. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

Cannot wait for the new Cougar in 45 to come out this year. It most likely will hit after the shot show, I hope this week. Told my dealer to let me know when it does. I had 2 of the old Beretta 45 cougar's neither one had a pic-rail.
    If and when it does I will have one for sure. Be a great pack gun for sure to go along with my 9mm and 40 cougar.:D:D

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I have to admit the rotating barrel concept looks interesting. How accurate are the Cougars that you already have?

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Interesting....what are the two cougars you have now like? Price isn't bad if the weapon is solid.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

5. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

Let's put it this way you won't have a problem taking out your target at combat range and futher. I mean they aren't a target handgun but a defense piece. Hope that helped.:)

6. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

I have the 9mm and the 40 S&W. Gonna get the 45 acp when my dealer gets them in. The Stoeger Cougar in 45 shows it has a pic -rail for a tac light My beretta 45 cougar I use to own didn't.

7. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

This pistol is very solid not junk by any means. I mean it is made on beretta machines. really is a great pistol.:D

8. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

you are a lucky man for sure to have a Beretta Cougar in 45 acp I salute you. I use to have 2 of those puppy's. Gave one to the producer I had in Nash, Tn back when I was cutting records, the other I sold or traded. That is a great pistol for sure. These stoeger are made on the same machines as the beretta's which is a good thing. Just cheaper mafg cost in Turkey and no union trade issues like in Italy. I have only ran 80 rounds through my 9mm cougar without a problem of any kind. Gonna shoot my new 40 when weather warms up a tad bit.:):)

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yup, same equipment, same pistol for less money sounds like a good deal to me.

10. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

Hey CA357 like the quote from the A-Team" I Love it when a plan comes togeather.":):)

11. Viking

Viking Active Member

I really like the way my Stoeger Cougar 40 S&W feels and shoots. Because of the barrel staying in a level plane when firing the weapon pushes back with very little rise, that's great for right on follow up shots. Excellent quality for the money.

12. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

What grain weight bullet you shooting in the 40 in your cougar? Like I said I haven't fired mine yet the 40 that is just the 9mm and I use to have a Beretta 45acp cougar yrs ago....

13. Viking

Viking Active Member

I've fired 180gr. FMJ, 165gr.TC hard handcast lead, 165gr. TC FMJ and Speer Gold Dot 165gr. JHP (my carry load). It's been 50/50 factory and handloads. The Cougar has taken everything I've fed it without a hiccup, the most consistantly accurate bullets are the 165 grain.

14. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

Thanks Viking for the information. How is the muzzle flip or snap as it is called in this cal and this mod pistol if you do not mind me asking?
    I had a all steel K40 by Khar arms. That pistol rocked but was a shooter for sure. The cougar design not to answer my own question seems like a softer felt recoil at least to me it did by my exp with the 9mm Stoeger and 45 acp Beretta Cougar I use to own. Again Thanks

15. Viking

Viking Active Member

Very little if any flip, the weapon pushes solidly back into the palm. There doesn't seem to be any torqueing like my Ruger Redhawk does, that's probably because of the short 3.6" barrel on the Cougar. Now that I've had a ccw license for a while I wish I had gotten the Mk40 Kahr as the Cougar is rather large for a skinny guy like me to conceal other than in a waist pouch or under a heavy long sweatshirt or coat.

16. DaveShooter

DaveShooter New Member

the Khar's are nice like you said about being able to hide or conceal.
    I had one also a steel K9 and a Poly frame Kahr in 45 acp my friend and I shot at broken pieces @ 100 yds that pistol blew my mind as to how it shot so darn well.