New stock for stevens 200

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by phammily, Oct 9, 2011.

1. phammily

phammily New Member

Hey looking for rifle that is bigger and stronger. Something like the choate stocks. But more tactical

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Just what do you mean "More Tactical"?

There are several aftermarket stocks available for Savage rifles,are you wanting Synthetic,Composite,Laminate,or Wood?

How much are you wanting to spend? Good stocks are a $100-300,great stocks are $400-800,and depending on the material used on a real custom stock can run over $1k.

I'm a LH shooter,so I'm limited on the choice of stocks that are Mfg'd for my guns,but there are many choices for a RH action.

I like the Choate Tactical stock,and have 2 of them,I also have a Choate Ultimate Varminter stock.It's a great stock,but the bulk and weight reduce it to a stationary weapon.I don't care much for toting around a 15-17lb rifle on a hunt.
    *Note* Most Tactical style stocks are made for a Heavy barreled actions,and unless they started putting them on the Stevens line,it will look weird with a Tapered barrel in that style of stock.

3. phammily

phammily New Member

Do you know what brand are good. I want something in the hogue or trg style

4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

5. phammily

phammily New Member

Cheers for the links, there a few with the first link that I have my eyes on