New SR22

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by Daoust_Nat, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Y wife said she would buy me a new handgun for Christmas. I knew she would not go for the SR1911, because of cost. I decided to get either the SR22 or SR45. I liked the SR45, but since I like the SR1911 better, decided to get the 22 and wait for the1911. She won't let me shoot it until after Christmas though.

Attached Files:

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That's tough. :(

3. Daoust_Nat

It is. When I bought it I was going to shoot it before I came home. However I ran into an old co-worker who was looking for a carry gun to carry when she works at her rental properties. She was a little uncomfortable with the choice and process. So I stayed and helped her. That took my shooting time, but I felt it was furthering our cause, so I did I. Another CCW, firearm owner and shooter is a good thing!

4. thefourthD

thefourthD New Member

I love my SR22! It is by far the most fun plinker I have.
    Unfortunately I have had problems with it but Ruger being Ruger and having the best Costomer service out there is making it right.
    Enjoy!

5. Daoust_Nat

Has anyone had any ammo that the SR22 had problems with?

6. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

+1000 on the SR22. It is a fun shooter to be sure, fits the hand great and does not feel like a 'little' gun

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

This is what my mother came home with when I took her shopping for her first pistol. It's a great gun. Kinda tiny, almost subcompact. But it's accurate and will gobble up bulk ammo.

It's a slight oddball design. DA/SA rimfire, with a fixed barrel and decocker. But I like it enough that I'll probably add the threaded barrel version for myself in the near future.

8. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Has anyone spent time with the SR22 AND the SW Walther PK22?

To much MIM for me on the Walther PK22, was hoping that the SR22 might be a big improvement?

9. Chestys1911

Chestys1911 New Member

I have a buddy who has a pk22. Constantly jamming. The slide itself isn't very smooth. I hear nothing but good things about the sr22

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a couple of SR22's the kids shoot the sh!t out of them . They will eat any ammo out there besides sub sonics , they are just to underpowered to cycle it . Very accurate , very reliable and tons of fun. I would say we have ran well over 3000 rds thru them . They do need cleaned after 500 or so rounds or they will have issues . But they are the most reliable 22lr hand gun out there . Ruger has mastered the .22 lr handgun market

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  11. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

SR22 > PK22

Above all else, it's just less finicky. The Ruger is arguably something of a Walther ripoff. Gee...Ruger hasn't done that with a compact pistol before, have they? LOL. Similar designs, yet not even close in my opinion.

The SR22 is a really good gun from what I've seen so far. Like I said, I'll have one of my own in the near future.

12. BVAL

BVAL New Member

Get the SR22 and don't look back. I have had mine for over 2 years, and not one problem. Somewhere around 2000 rds through it.

If I heard you right, that you are to get it for a Christmas gift,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,have someone else get you something to go with it. Ask for the crimson trace site that mounts under the frame on the rail. I love this setup.
    Good luck with it, and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

13. Kahless

Kahless New Member

I've had my SR22 for over a year. About 3000+ rounds through it and the only ammo it doesn't like is the cheaper Winchester 555 round stuff. The little ones like shooting it. It's been a great gun.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013