New SR1911

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by Daoust_Nat, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Some may remember this time last year when I typed I was interested in a SR1911. but had a daughter's wedding to get through, which evolved into a Pregnancy and delivery July 10th. Well, with all that behind me, and Ruger having inventory issues, I got a good price on a SR1911 full size.

I picked it up about two weeks ago at the Orlando Gun Show. I have had it out once and put about 100 rounds through it. I will take it out this weekend and bench test it to verify that the misses were the operator and not the tool. I do wish I could figure out how to flip the picture up on this confounded computer.

Attached Files:

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I know D_N: it drives me nutz. But it doesn't happen on my MACS, only my iPhone & iPad...
    Did you get the Gov't? It looks like a 5" one...one of my pals a few streets over is a Fmr. Seal, and has the Seal Commerative model( with the firing pin removed) on his "Memorial Wall"

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

3. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Sweet!! Bought a commander model back in the spring and it quickly became my CCW.

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Nat,

Very nice Pistol! Who cares about the position of the photo!
    I simply stood on my head and it was a perfect photo!!!!:p
    Thanks for showing it to us and I know all about weddings and costs having 4 children myself and five grandchildren!
    Glad you were able to get it! My Dad always told me, anything worth having was worth waiting for! Send us a Range Report next time you get it out!

5. Daoust_Nat

This one is the full size. I have now shot it twice. The sights seem to be pretty much on. I did not get to the range that has the bench equipment available yet, but was pretty happy with the accuracy out to about 25 yards. At 7 yards the center of the target was pretty much obliterated.

It has digested all 300 rounds I have fed it without a hitch. I have even used some Georgia Arms, factory reloads with no problems. Also Winchester White Box and American Eagle. All 230 grain.

I am very happy with this firearm. Next a holster. I am big enough that I believe I can carry this without a problem concealing it.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

glad you are enjoying it, and congrats on getting one. i have heard nothing but good about the SR1911's. definately one on my radar of 1911's to check out and possibly buy at some point in the future.

7. Daoust_Nat

Axxe I got a good deal. LIst at $829, and I got it at $639. Ruger has inventory problems that is driving their stock price down. This should last thru the New Year is my guess. There are great deals out there on Rugers, and S&W is in the same boat.

8. Bayou

Bayou Active Member

I've got the same pistol. The SR 1911 is great fun to shoot. Got about 500 rounds through it so far.......

Bayou

9. Bayou

Bayou Active Member

For my SR 1911, to be on the bullseye, the front sight and the rear sight are aligned evenly. But here's the key - the front dot must completely cover the bullseye. I had to shoot benchrest to figure this out.

This is my experience, at least....

Bayou