New Springfield

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by cjb762, Jul 7, 2012.

1. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

Just filled out the paper work on new TRP. I won't be able to pick it up until next weekend. It's gonna be a long week.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LOVE the TRP! Great pistol!

I loved the original grips on the TRP Operator so much I ordered 5 sets to have in the 1911 box for future pistols, just in case. ;)

Looking forward to your impressions of the pistol and how it shoots.

JD

3. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

Yeh I can't wait. It going to be a long week. Here in md we have to wait.

4. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

Any suggestions on ammo? I'm hoping to pick it up and head straight to the range.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'd shoot whatever you can get your hands on and test the hell out of it. A TRP should shoot everything, no matter the maker.

For carry ammo I personally carry only Winchester Ranger .230gr +P hollow points. I carry a full mag in the summer but alternate HP and ball ammo in winter months in the event of heavy clothing.

I have shot 3 TRP models over the years and it's a pistol that has always grouped well for me. I hope you find the same to be true for you.

JD

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I'd love to hear how much worth the extra 500 it is over the Loaded.

7. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

My thoughts exactly. Like I said it's going to be along week. It just gives me some time to stock up.

8. cjb762

cjb762 New Member

I haven't shot a Loaded. But have shot a couple other 1911's, as well as TRP belonging to a friend. The TRP just felt more comfortable.