Firearms Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just filled out the paper work on new TRP. I won't be able to pick it up until next weekend. It's gonna be a long week.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
LOVE the TRP! Great pistol!

I loved the original grips on the TRP Operator so much I ordered 5 sets to have in the 1911 box for future pistols, just in case. ;)

Looking forward to your impressions of the pistol and how it shoots.

JD

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I can't wait. It going to be a long week. Here in md we have to wait.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestions on ammo? I'm hoping to pick it up and head straight to the range.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Any suggestions on ammo? I'm hoping to pick it up and head straight to the range.
I'd shoot whatever you can get your hands on and test the hell out of it. A TRP should shoot everything, no matter the maker.

For carry ammo I personally carry only Winchester Ranger .230gr +P hollow points. I carry a full mag in the summer but alternate HP and ball ammo in winter months in the event of heavy clothing.

I have shot 3 TRP models over the years and it's a pistol that has always grouped well for me. I hope you find the same to be true for you.

JD

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I'd love to hear how much worth the extra 500 it is over the Loaded.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dillinger said:
I'd shoot whatever you can get your hands on and test the hell out of it. A TRP should shoot everything, no matter the maker.

For carry ammo I personally carry only Winchester Ranger .230gr +P hollow points. I carry a full mag in the summer but alternate HP and ball ammo in winter months in the event of heavy clothing.

I have shot 3 TRP models over the years and it's a pistol that has always grouped well for me. I hope you find the same to be true for you.

JD
My thoughts exactly. Like I said it's going to be along week. It just gives me some time to stock up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CHLChris said:
I'd love to hear how much worth the extra 500 it is over the Loaded.
I haven't shot a Loaded. But have shot a couple other 1911's, as well as TRP belonging to a friend. The TRP just felt more comfortable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts