New sight on a CZ75 Pre "B"

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by kdog, Apr 24, 2011.

1. kdog

kdog Member

I always had the problem, that the standard sight never really worked for me.
    If some of you remember, the idiot that had my Pre "B" CZ75 befor me, fiddled around with the original sights and pretty much messed them up.
    I tried to make my own sights, but nothing really worked. So I started to look for some way of getting it done, the way I want it to be.

The main request was to have an adjustable rear sight, let into the frame, to make it more low profile.
    Now I have to say, I don`t carry any firearms, since not legal here in germany, I just have gins for sport.

Everybody, that has a Pre "B" knows of the issue with the vertically bolted front sight. It`s a real pain to change it. So we just cut if off and cut in a dove tail.

Pics 001, 002 and 011

Now we got a LPA TRT rear sight form a 1911 Pistol. Of course, the dovetail tehre would not fit the CZ75 dovetail, so we had to make a new dovetail and lower the rear sight into the frame, as I wanted it.

Pics 005 and 004

Attached Files:

2. kdog

kdog Member

Now we could insert the LPA TRT body into the slide.

But, since we had a gap of approx. 0,5cm from the LPA sight blade to the end of the slide, we had to create a new sight blade, that would end just at the end of the slide.
    ALso a new front sight was made. All self made parts had been cut from massive steel blocks by using eroding technology.

In the end, we had made a nearly fully custom made set of LPA sights.

Attached Files:

3. kdog

kdog Member

Now here the almost finished result of a days work.

We still have to blast the paint off the slide and blue the slide and sights, but that will be done next week.

We gave it a testrun, and it works pretty nicely. Shard and crisp edges on the front and rear sight.
    I would say a perfekt target sight setup.

Attached Files:

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Nice work! What type of finish are you looking to do?

5. kdog

kdog Member

plain black finish.
    I am not into this Cearcote stuff.
    I like it simple and easy..;-)

As soon as I get back the slide, I will post some pics of the finished droduct.

6. kdog

kdog Member

o.k. here we go.
    I got the slide back on sunday and was surprised, how good it turned out.

Attached Files:

7. kdog

kdog Member

and here some more

Attached Files:

8. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

The sights (both front and rear) looks too high to me but if it works for you then that is all that matters.

9. kdog

kdog Member

Yes, they are petty high, but in z´the end, it`s easier taking off some of the hight, then puttin it back on, if needed.

We calculated the hight ratio from the old original Sights and adapted the ratio to the new sights. The ratio is the same, just higher.

10. kdog

kdog Member

Today, I got my CZ75 byck from my gunsmith. I had it there for a triggerjob and refinishing the frame.

What came out, is what you will see on the following pics.
    But first, what was done:

- Double Action was deactivated
    - She is now a SA only
    - Frame was stripped from the paint and got a hard chrome finish, brushed
    - a new trigger was installed with an adjustable triggerstop

and here the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And she shoots very nicely now...;-)

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Outstanding transformation kdog!

Great story and post.

Thanks for sharing.

12. kdog

kdog Member

youre welcome

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Nice work :)

I have a CZ 75B which at 15' hits 6" low regardless of the load weight. I need to hold the front sight nearly it's entire height "high" to hit point of aim so filling down the front sight is not an option.

Can you recommend a replacement rear sight?

Are the "B" models any easier to modify than yours?

Thanks,

TACK

14. kdog

kdog Member

The models are easier to do in terms of sights, since the front sight is in a dovetail, as the Pre "B" ist bolted in the slide.

All the other stuff we did, would roughly be the same work.

You can get pretty good LPA sights for the CZ75. Some that will work with the original front sight and others that need a matching front sight.
    I can`t really recomend a sight, as mine is custom made, based on a LPA TRT sight from a 1911 series pistol.

What sights do you have on yout CZ75 "B" at the moment, fixed or adjustable?

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I have the fixed "glow in the dark", not tritium..

16. kdog

kdog Member