New SIG

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Sonic82, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Thanks to JTJ, Winds and others I bought a new SIG P238!!! I've always been a SIG fan...This is the bare bones model. I'll eventually jazz it up with some aluminum grips and Mepros. I can't wait to take it on a test run. Sure is a cute little guy :) Here's some pics with it's big brother, my P229 SCT. Which I've decided to keep, I had considered selling it but it's just to nice of gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Congrats on the new gun. I have one also and I love it.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You are going to love that P238. It doesn't matter if it's bare bones or all fancied up. Either way, they are a sweet little pistol.

4. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Sweet gun for sure. I Dang near decided on picking up a 938 and a 238 before I realized I'd be wasting my money on both. Had I been starting from scratch they'd both be mine, but those spots are already taken.

5. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

What version do you have?

...what do you have?

6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

My Firestar m43. It's only half an inch longer. It is twice the weight, which is why I almost did it, but just cannot justify an extra 700 creating the redundancy just for a lighter gun. I'm still on the fence, I do like the idea of heavier gun for shooting but not for carrying. So we'll see, may still jump on one.

7. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I just looked it up. Very nice looking little pistol. I bet it would be a good seller with CC popularity if it were still produced.

If you don't mind a .380 the P238 can be had for $550....sell the Star for a couple of hundred and your left with a manageble balance.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I had a Feg P63 in 9x18, it was twice the weight of my Sig P230 and was not that pleasant to shoot. Gave it to my brother who was looking for something smaller and was not concerned about weight. You can say that you have something similar, but nothing shoots and carries like a Sig. JMHO. Even their striker fire pistols are very nice. Sonic, congrats!

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I'm not getting rid of my Stars ever, just can't. I know I should, parts getting hard to find and eventually gone, but they just suit me perfectly. I can't let them go. It's not the money, I can sort both sigs without selling anything, it's about what they would be and what I've already got. Thanks for trying tho m'friend!

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Mine is great to shoot, heavy, but I like that. Makes follow up shots just fall into place. I've anyways like FEG.

11. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

ok!! LOL...wasn't sure where you were at....but now I am ;)

12. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

It's totally cool, man, if anyone could help me justify one I would love them forever! Lol

So sincerely, I appreciate ya trying.

13. winds-of-change

I have a Sig P238 Lady Model............

[​IMG]

And here's what she did the first time I took her to the range. This is the first 40 rounds out of her at around 10 yards.

[​IMG]

14. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Jeeekers! The only thing prettier than that gun is that target!

15. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

WOC: did it come from the factory like that ? Approx cost ? Have you tried the next step up, the 938 in 9mm ? Do you carry in condition 1 or locked n cocked w safety on ?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  16. winds-of-change

The pistol came from the factory like that. It's the Lady Model. http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p238-lady.aspx

I believe I paid around $630 for it. I can't afford any new guns right now and what makes you think the P938 is a "step up"? Isn't that a matter of opinion? ;) I did look at the 938 but chose the 238 because it was a tad smaller and lighter.

I don't carry. I live in Illinois. :mad: I'm not sure how I'd carry. Either Condition one or two. I haven't really had to consider it yet.

17. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Exactly, I wanted the smallest pistol I could find by a quality manufacturer that has a thumb safety.

18. winds-of-change

Yes, I do like that safety. I know many don't but I do.

19. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

The 938 is a 9mm which is a step up from 380 which is also known as the 9mm Kurtz or Short. It's very close in weight - within 1oz or so - but I have not handled it. Ruger did the same w their LC9 but it IS significantly larger n heavier than LCP.

Most of the Lady's versions are pink but yours looks red. I like the scroll work. The only thing about the 238 that worries me is carrying condition one in my poocket. 938 might be too big for that, more suited for IWB CC.

I don't know if it's design or weight or both but several people enjoy shooting their 238 while the LCP is a chore.