New sig-sauer P226 range report

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by AcidFlashGordon, Apr 29, 2009.

1. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I recently acquired a new P226 .40 cal S&W and took it to the range for the first time. Several years ago I switched from left-hand to right-hand hold. I'm predominately right handed but left-eye dominant. After familiarizing myself with the Sig, this is the result of my first range visit with it.

First target at 25 feet:
    [​IMG]

Sixth (last target) at 25 feet:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ran 200 rounds of 180 grain FMJ through the weapon and I have to say my first impression of how nice it felt when I bought it were correct. I still scatter a few out to the 7 and 8 ring of a B24 target but that can be corrected with practice, practice and more practice. I definitely need to improve so i can qualify for the Corporate Challenge shooting team next year (our team came in second this year with the silver). I missed trying this year because I badly sprained my wrist in a stupid bathtub accident. :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
  2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Very nice shooting. Be proud of what you've done so far. You shoot better than many LEOs out there. I sure don't want to get on your bad side...:eek:

Keep it up.

:)

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Good shootin'!

What type of ammo did you use?

4. GlockBlockinMama

GlockBlockinMama New Member

AWESOME weapon

Very impressive; I have shot a 9mm P226 (Blackwater edition) and it is definitely a favorite. If my hand was not so small I would ask to borrow it at the range more regularly.

5. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

American Eagle. Got it at the last Cashman Center Crossroads of the West gun show.

6. dogwalk

dogwalk New Member

Good for you. I have a new 226 in 40 S&W (unfired) and can't wait to get to the range. My other Sig is a 229 (357Sig) and have tested it and am impressed. They both carry nicely (concealled) as I knew they would. I load my magazines with everyother round a FMJ to insure penetration should the occation arise. Take care, Dogwalk

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Looks like a dead bad guy.
    Good shooting!

8. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

Nice report and good shooting....keep on shooting.

9. SIGe-nox

SIGe-nox New Member

Good stuff

Good shooting man, i have owned for a bout a year now a p226 equinox (without the rail) and it is my baby. I have it in .357SIG and .40 cal and i shoot both on the regular. enjoy that gun man it is a fine piece of weaponry!!!:cool:

10. Succinct

Succinct New Member

First-Ever Visit to a Range Today!

(post content deleted)