New Sig P238

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Olympus, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I just went to the LGS today and had a little friend follow me home. I bought the little Sig P238 in the all black Nitron finish with the cheap plastic grips. The same gun with the rosewood grips looked much better, but it was $50 more. I think I can remedy the grip situation for a lot less than $50. :D

I just took it apart and scourged it with solvent and gun scrubber to get all the heavy oils out. I lubed it back up and now it's getting worked over by racking the slide continuously and dry firing. I hope to have everything nice and smoothed out before the first trip to the range.

Pics will follow this weekend after I fix the problem with the grips.

2. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Nice purchase:) I have the p238 also in the equinox and extreme versions. Its a very fine pistol.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Since I get any forum love for my new purchase, maybe I need to post a couple pictuures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'm very impressed with its trigger. Looking forward to a range report.

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I just ordered a DeSantis Sof-Tuck holster for it to wear with business casual attire. Hope the holster is decent.

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I really like mine. Much easier to shoot than the P3AT or LCR. It is a pleasure to shoot and easy to control.