New SIG P227

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by CrazedJava, Jan 17, 2013.

1. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Well, I was excited about the 227 but after finding out it is yet another 10 round .45 my enthusiasm has waned.

HK has pulled off a 12 round magazine, though the HK 45 dropped back to 10. Taurus has a 12 round .45 ACP. I was hoping SIG had finally made the pistol I wanted but I see no real advantage over my Baby Eagle which is just as good for half the cost.

I kind of wonder if they limited capacity to keep the grip closer to the P220 in size and so they could do a "compact" version while still sharing the same frame between the regular and carry models.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

check out the XDM. ive got two of em in 45 acp one is a compact the other full size. they both utilize 13 round mags the compact came with one 10 round magazine and a 13 rounder.

3. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Forgot about the XD series and then there is the new FN pistols. Not to mention the Glock 21 that has been around forever.

I just love SIGs and if there was a distinct advantage over what I have I'd be happy to trade up.

I did take a HARD look at the XD's before I purchased my .45. See them at the range a lot. Not necessarily a sign of quality by itself, but it's interesting to see what guns are actually purchased by real non-Hollywood people.