New show "Justified"

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Feb 24, 2010.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Starting in mid March, a new series starring Timothy Olyphant (Hit Man) is going to air on FX. He's going to be some cowboy hat wearing law man. I'm gonna check it out.

Anyone else?

2. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

Could be good. He was pretty good in Deadwood, so I'll check it out.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'll check it out. I loved Deadwood.

4. Hey-you-guys

Hey-you-guys New Member

I don't have cable or satellite but my dad does so I'll let him know.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'm watching the second season of "Damages" right now and he plays one of the main characters. When I first saw him I thought, "Damn, what have I seen him in?" Now I know....Deadwood!

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Amen to that!

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'll be checking it out, it looks good from the trailer we saw last weekend.

What I really want to see is a movie with him and Josh Dumel as some sort of buddy-buddy action flick. I swear those two guys are actually Dopplegangers. :eek:

Attached Files:

8. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I'm going to check it out also but what I want to know is what the hell happened to Deadwood? I thought that was one of the coolest show I'd ever seen and then the big letdown. I think that is also part of the reason I have issues due to high anxiety. Dang, I must be a real mess.

9. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

This is what wiki says about the topic.

On May 13, 2006, HBO confirmed it had opted not to pick up the options of the actors, which were set to expire on June 11, 2006. This meant that a fourth season with the current cast as it stands was unlikely, though HBO had stressed that the show was not canceled and talks regarding its future were continuing. The chance of the show returning in its current state of cast and crew, however, was limited.

On June 5, 2006, HBO and creator David Milch agreed to make two two-hour television films in place of a fourth season, after Milch declined a short-order of 6 episodes. This was because in the show's original form, each season was only a few weeks in length, with each episode being one day, in the town of Deadwood. The final two-hour format would release these time restraints and allow for a broader narrative to finish off the series.

In a January 13, 2007, interview, David Milch stated that he still intends to finish the 2 films, if possible. On July 12, 2007, HBO executives admitted that producing the telefilms would be difficult and put the chances of their ever being made at "50-50."

Actor Ian McShane claimed in an interview on October 1, 2007, that the show sets were due to be dismantled and that the movies would not be made. Actors Jim Beaver and W. Earl Brown commented a day later that they considered the series to now be over.

In the March 17, 2009 episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, McShane repeated that 'Deadwood is dead'

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Hope it's good. By then Burn Notice will be on hiatus and 24 will be close to done so a decent series will be a good thing...

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I just hope it has an ok story line, some good action and some honeys to look at. One of the ads I saw for it, it looks like he's carrying a 1911. He..."never draws his sidearm unless"...he is ready to kill a bad guy kind of character. They have been showing like 5-10 second snippets of it announcing the show on FX every so often.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  12. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I really dug the hookers in Deadwood, very colorful ladies. I hope this new show has decent hookers.

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ok, this sucks but...

I've seen some more of the ads for the show, and he carries the ghey...:mad:

I will still check it out and be disappointed everytime he has to use his ghey on bad guys.

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I saw a promo and he had a Gack! :eek:

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Just a reminder. Premiers tonight at 2200 EDT on FX. 248 for you Direct TV subscribers.