Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So want to do someone hunting here in September so went out and bought this New toy. Now my question is for the Mossberg 500 it is stamped modified choke does this mean no choke is needed, as I see no threads for a choke.

ForumRunner_20120725_203313.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
cant tell from the picture if it has had screw in choke tubes added since the barrel was manufactured but a modified choke is a good all around choke for birdshot.

Badshot

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I grew up with them never hunted or owned one now that I'm older and have some funds I can get one and relive the old days with my grandpa

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ya I think every one grandpa had a shotgun or a 30-30 lever gun lol I got lucky was abel to get my dads and grandpa guns what u going to hunt for with it

·
Registered
850 Posts
Mossy 500 is a great all around shotgun. Especially if you buy the combo deal that comes with 2 barrels. Even with the 26 or 28 inch fixed modified choke its all around general purpose. Shoots buckshot with tighter patterns

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So can you turn this standard 500 into some tacti-cool or does this setup not allow it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
U can do what u want the only limit u got is the choked barrel but u can always get a Dif. Barrel on it stock forarm or what ever u want I found that after u put all that money into one tho u could buy a tac. For like close to the same money or a used one for cheaper LOL

·
Registered
348 Posts
No don't think u can make your own plug u can get a Dif barrel tho or try to trade it at a gun shop for a dif barrel or see if a gun smith can do it I'm not sure if u can drill n tap it tho

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can make a plug out of a pencil, but when the game warden checks it and it falls out of the gun, he will write you a nice fine that will likely cost many times what a factory plug costs. Dont ask how I know this.........

Badshot

1 - 20 of 27 Posts