Firearms Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Not necessarily a rise in morbidity, but a rise in number of infected. Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to blow up the numbers. But, fine, I won't quibble with projections, lets just go with the number dead to date. Do you not find losing a quarter million of your fellow Americans an unmitigated disaster?
Add, the fact that the medical system is now at max capacity, and I would expect the level of care to decrease, and the morbidity to rapidly escalate, as the infection rate rises. Overstressed medical staffs will triage folks, and many of the more serious and older patients will be put aside to die.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Not necessarily a rise in morbidity, but a rise in number of infected. Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to blow up the numbers. But, fine, I won't quibble with projections, lets just go with the number dead to date. Do you not find losing a quarter million of your fellow Americans an unmitigated disaster?
Chainfire,

If they were say, 5 to 25 years old, then yes. If they were 80 years old and something finally came along that they simply couldn't overcome due to old age or other poor health conditions, then that changes how I view the loss of life. For some strange reason, nobody bats an eye at the millions of heart attacks and cancer deaths that occur at that age. Nobody will live forever. I've accepted that, but you haven't. If the far in excess of a quarter million deaths from heart attacks, diabetes, and cancer don't represent an unmitigated disaster, then neither do the COVID-19 deaths.

·
Supporting Member
11,805 Posts
Jigs

Per you post on the Ruger Precision Rifle and a system for $3500 or less.

From my experience with the Ruger Precision Rifle we tested from Ruger at the LE Sniper School. The guys with the multi thousand dollar chassis rifles would not shoot any better than the rifle we tested. Counting the Army and Law Enforcement I spent 18.5 years on precision rifles and for $3500 a guy can have a top notch Rifle and Scope. And the Scope is just as important as the Rifle if not more so. And especially for Long Range or Precision Shooting.;)

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Sniper, thanks. I have two of them outfitted with Vortex glass, that come in at about $3300 each.

When they were first out, and folks were buying them and immediately swapping things off: The 6.5 Creedmoor, was impossible to get, and the 308 was hard to get, so folks were buying the 243Win and immediately replacing the barrel and selling them on eBay.

I picked up four of the 243 barrels for less than $100 each. I’m not the biggest fan of the 243, because it really is a barrel burner. But, at $100 per barrel, I can consider them as consumables.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts