New Shield

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by clearsights, Oct 10, 2012.

1. clearsights

clearsights New Member

A couple of months ago I got a new M&P Shield. MY wife loved it when we took it to the range. So I've been trying to hunt one down for a reasonable(ehm....doesn't really exist) price. Today it arrived!

ForumRunner_20121010_212733.jpg

2. GaCory

GaCory New Member

Hell, I just wish I could find one.

3. clearsights

clearsights New Member

I got both of ours off of Gunbroker.

4. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I picked up one at a gun show in Orlando last Saturday. Ran 100 rounds through it. Shoots well. Will run another 150, including some self defense rounds through Sunday.

Looking for holsters now. Got a kydex IWB at the show, looking for a belt holster and a good pocket holster.

5. scrops

scrops New Member

Lawmen's in Raleigh NC was taking orders for them at 325 each. Don't know how long that pricing is good.

6. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

That is a great price. I paid $450 and that was the lowest price at the Orlando Gun Show.

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I paid mine brand new for $350 net. :)

8. BClayton357

BClayton357 New Member

No disrespect intended but I am not believing $ 350 or $ 325 unless dad owns your LGS.

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I knew someone would say something.
    Bought 2, for me and a suprise for wife. She got mad.. didn't like my suprise. Paid $900 net for both (including transfer fee).
    Then a friend of ours came over willing to pay $550. Sold it right away. So it means.. mine was $350 right? :).

Oh and.. i still owe my wife a suprise. And she got to keep a free $550. Lol

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  10. clearsights

clearsights New Member

It is still not buying it for $350. Although, you did make a good profit. If you can find it for a good price you can make some money off of the sale. Not sure if I would take advantage of a friend though.

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

He insisted. And we both knew i hunted them for months.

12. BClayton357

BClayton357 New Member

Now that I do believe. Was it a .40 for you and a 9mm for her. That'd be a slick way to get two great guns. Sorry it didn't work out. Excellent recovery though.

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  14. scrops

scrops New Member

Call Lawmen's in Raleigh, NC. They printed me a quote sheet and honored it when they called me to pick it up about 3 months later. It was 324.99 + tax. With 3 holsters it was $403 out the door.

15. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Amen!!!:(
    I am a dealer and I have several customers (and myself) who have been trying to find them for several months!!!:(

16. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Whoever still looking for anything.. just subcribed yourself on "Deals Deals Deals" thread in this forum. Or watch slickguns.com daily deals.. everyday!
    Thats what i did for months.. until finally i got them from vanceoutdoors.com

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Seems everyone wants the 9mm version and not the 40. I got a XDS in today and it's pretty nice, unfortunately I will never own a shield in their current configuration being a south paw and all.

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I heard the XDS is pretty awesome. Maybe a Shield killer.

19. danolator

danolator New Member

I hear ya Bro. S&W is discriminating against us. But, I have the MP40c all leftied out with an Apex trigger kit installed and night sights on the way. It's not that much bigger than the Shield and is leftie friendly.