New semi auto?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Venom, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Venom

Venom New Member

My friend wants to buy an assault rifle for the heck of it he said he wants something a bit different not your standard ar-15, m4 style told him I'd ask you guys he's got a budget of about $2000 what do you guys suggest I told him I wasn't sure

2. Venom

Venom New Member

Semi-auto by the way!

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I'd say for a true assault rifle he's going to need more money. If he just wants an AR-15 then he is wide open with that budget. Noveske comes to my mind.

4. Venom

Venom New Member

Says caliber isn't important just wanting a new something to mess around with

5. Venom

Venom New Member

He said he can't go higher than $3000

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

This is why I said he needs more money: "An assault rifle is an automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine." I was pulling your chain because of the terminology used. At 2k his options are pretty open, I'm not sure what you mean by a standard AR.

7. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Does he plan to hunt with it? Distance shoot? Target shoot? Range toy? Just own it so he looks "Cool" at the gun club? There are as many different purposes to owning an assault rifle as there are assault rifles. Can you ask him what the primary function of this gun will be? Then he might get some better ideas that will fit his needs.

8. Venom

Venom New Member

Ya I figured haha I could have worded that better and he said he really likes FNH and was leaning towards a Scar-H I've looked at them they seem nice do you know anything about them?

9. Venom

Venom New Member

Range toy haha

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I actually have one in my shop now. Seems real nice, the action is smooth, trigger is crisp, the fold over stock is a joke IMO, don't think it would be much fun shooting .308 from the hip more than a couple of times. The adjustable cheek rest is nice too. All in all it's a real nice rifle. I would probably get a SCAR-L due to the cost of ammo if you aren't reloading but if he isn't worried about that, it's a nice range "toy"

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  11. Venom

Venom New Member

The L is 5.56 right? Yea he wants the 7.62 and you run a shop? Cool do you have a website I might start buying from you and I have another question as far as range toys go I'm thinking about picking up a Mosin-Nagant what to you think? Sorry if that's spelled wrong.

12. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

That's correct the L is the 5.56 and you spelled it right. As far as a Mosin, I would look at Aim Surplus as they have some for 89.95 shipped I believe and as a little guy I'll be honest and say I can't touch that price for the same rifle unless you're local to me. I do have some items listed in the classifieds here on the forum. If you are looking for something in particular a PM or email works best. I'm working on my website but here's the url: www.riverbendarms.com or FB @ facebook.com/riverbendarms

13. Venom

Venom New Member

Ya I see your point but I'll still check out your site and I'll hit ya up if so and thanks

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

YVW, let us know what your buddy decides.

15. Venom

Venom New Member

Oh for sure haha

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Check PWS out, they make ARs with AK DNA; meaning AR platform uppers with a long stroke piston in 5.56, 7.62 and 300 blackout. very reliable and a good value for the price. They make them from 10 in out to 20 in barrels.

17. Venom

Venom New Member

Thanks man

18. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

with a $2000 budget, he can get a Colt M-4 semi and an ACOG. That's about as good as it gets.