Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put an unfired blue 6" Security Six on layaway today. It has the red box, plastic bag and manual.

However, since it's my favorite model double action Ruger and I can't afford safe queens, it is going to be carried as my woods gun. I'll load it with Corbon or Buffalo Bore hardcast loads. Sorry, no pics until I can afford to bail it out.

(My favorite single action Ruger is a 6" stainless OM Vaquero in .44 Magnum and I'd get another in a heartbeat if the circumstances were right.)

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats!! Looking forward to some new gun pr0n!! :D
I won't have it paid for until sometime in January, so pics then. I love the look of the Six series 6" half lug barrels. I really don't think a .357 needs a full lug barrel.

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
We both know what you should test it on, repeatedly. :D They may still be all groggy in January.

I like the full underlug on my GP100; it gives it the illusion of more strength and more pistol-whippin weight. :D

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dunno. It's a consignment from a friend of the gun shop owner.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Good choice. I only have had one large bore wheel gun. 6" King Cobra..wish I never sold it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats! The Security-Six is a fine weapon. I bought one many years ago and still have it. I've never found a wheel-gun that I like better.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the kind words gents.

I almost hate the thought of shooting it, but it's not exactly a rare revolver. So...

I've been hanging on to an old Bianchi thumb break basketweave holster for years and it will ride in that.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got a bunch like that. I worked part time in a gunshop and I actually had money. I went through more guns than I can count. :eek:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
What is the prefix of the serial number? A 150 prefix is a low back model and rarer but I have one and I still shoot it; if it is 151 prefix and beyond then it is a more modern and more common one.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's #154...

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll shoot the heck out of it. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts