New SD9VE

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Forum' started by dr_psych, Jun 8, 2013.

1. dr_psych

dr_psych New Member

Hello all. I just got my new SD9VE last night. Mine is the two-tone with the 16-round mags. I haven't even had it 24 hours yet but I'm very happy. What impresses me the most is the fit in my hand. This gun is a bit of an upgrade for me. I had a Hi-point for about 2 months before I sold it and bought this one. The hi-point never fit my hand well nor did it feel like a quality gun. The SW fits my hand perfect and has a very nice quality feel to it. I can't wait to fire it. The HiPoint jammed many times the first time out. I'm hoping for a better experience!

image-19700671.jpg

image-1113750336.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  2. 308Wins

308Wins New Member

Nice!
    I have the same thing for myself. Amazing gun, and was accurate out of the box. Clean it fairly regularly, and the only jams I've had we're when I grabbed a bag of reloads at a gun show (it was for the right price, gimme a break). Had it since Christmas

3. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I always liked the looks of them...enjoy.

4. Partridge02

Partridge02 Member

I've had mine roughly three months, about five hundred rounds, one jam. I am pretty sure that was due to limp wristing by my brother in law. I couldn't stand the trigger so I installed the apex trigger kit and now I really like the trigger. I've shot FMJ's and hollow points. Mine shoots a little to the left but is accurate enough to hit a silhouette at ninety yards decently consistent. About five out of ten, seven when I really took my time. Congratulations on your new investment.let us know how it shoots.

5. austin92

austin92 New Member

Under credited and extremely well priced. Love these guns

6. DougRoby96

DougRoby96 New Member

I just traded a used 1 year old Remington nitro mag 887 waterfowl edition 12 gauge for a sd9ve. I haven't shot it yet, anybody think it was a good trade? Or bad?

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Pound of pound they are one of the best deals out there.

8. 308Wins

308Wins New Member

Best 9mm pistol you can get for the money, I'd say
    Great gun, I think you did good

9. KingGlamis

KingGlamis New Member

I have one and love it. However I do think the trigger is too stiff. I ordered the Apex trigger upgrade but a random house-cleaning incident made the kit disappear before I could install it. LOL Going to order another Apex kit. I have a few thousand rounds through mine and no issues at all.

10. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Have the .40 caliber version...love it! I agree that it does not get the accolades that it deserves.... Shot the heck out of it..mine is at about 800 rounds and counting

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

They are a great deal and a good handgun for the money. You pull the trigger, and they go bang. They also are not picky on ammo. Good luck with it.

Two friends have them in .40 and 9. Neither are new, and both took them and had the trigger re-worked, and it made a tremedous difference. Much more crisp and consistant trigger pull. Maybe S&W fixed that. If not find a Gun Smith and talk with him. Cheap fix and worth it.

12. n2b8u

n2b8u New Member

Just bought it last week at academy sports. 289.99. On weekly special. Regular price 319.99. Anyone having problems with +P ammo? Going to shoot it this weekend.

13. Partridge02

Partridge02 Member

S&W warn that it is rated for +p but will wear out parts at an accelerated rate. It is not rated for +p+. I haven't tried either though. Let me know how yours functions.

14. nickmiller70

nickmiller70 New Member

I have been looking at getting a used sw9ve and have only one real question: what is the difference in the styles of them. It looks to me that S&W changed the design of the slide and now I don't know which is old or new and if one is better than the other. The pic posted first on here is the larger grooved version then there is e smaller grooved one. I like the look of the smaller one, but if there's a reason for the change in design, I would like to know.

15. mahall

mahall New Member

Just picked up the same gun in 40 caliber! First Smith Auto I've ever owned! We will walk this journey together my friend! Cong. On your purchase, I'm sure it will give you wonderful service. Be safe!

16. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats on your new purchase. Just curious what lead you to buy it? What was your reasoning / justification?

17. mahall

mahall New Member

Night Stand gun! Tired of getting in my safe daily! If she gets stolen, fairly inexpensive to replace! I don't for see that happening! Plus it's small and lite enough to carry if I choose.

18. ebowman446

ebowman446 New Member

I've recently begun my handgun hobby and the SD40VE was my first purchase. And two weeks later I installed the apex trigger kit and I really can't encourage owners of an SD enough to get one installed. I also own an m&p and I can shoot about as well with the upgraded SD as the much better (out of the box) m&p.

19. mahall

mahall New Member

I was discouraged in upgrading the trigger on mine!! Just put Laser-Max on mine though! Hate the factory Sights.

20. Partridge02

Partridge02 Member

Anyone have the white dot fall out of the front sight? I was shooting the other day, and I watched it fall when I fired.