New scope arrived today

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Txhillbilly, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I finally received my new Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 scope.
    I've wanted to try one out for a couple years, but since there's only one dealer for them in the USA, they can be hard to get.
    https://www.edgunwest.com/store/scopes/item/delta-stryker-4-5-30x56/

Delta Optics is in Poland, and these scopes are very popular outside the USA.
    This scope is made by LOW in Japan, and is the same scope body design as the Athlon Cronus BTR, Tract Toric HD, Maven RS-4, EOTech Vudu, Leica PRS, and other's.

Even though they all share the same scope design, each scope is built to the specs that each company wants as in Lens quality and coatings, reticle styles, turret styles, etc..
    All of these scopes retail in the $1500 - $2600 range.

I've had an Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 scope for a few years, and it's a great scope for what I paid for it. The only negative thing I have ever had with it is the turret's aren't as good as they should be on a scope at this price. Fairly easy to turn, and don't have solid audible clicks. You can feel each click with your finger's, but they aren't loud and solid.

Opening the very nice box that the Delta Stryker HD comes in, it comes with a sun shade, battery for the illumination, allen wrench for the zero stop, and a small thumb stud for the magnification ring.
    Checking out the scope, all the knobs turn without issues. The turret's lock in place, just pull them upward, and the turret's can be adjusted with nice crisp clicks, that feel good but still aren't as audible as I'd like them to be.

Looking through the scope all I can say is damn, this scope has some really good glass in it.
    My Athlon Cronus and Steiner T5xi have some decent glass, but the Stryker blows them away. I won't say it's as good as my S&B PMII or IOR Recon, but I bet it will give them a good run at less than 1/2 the price.

I got it mounted, leveled and bore sighted on my 7mm-08, so if the weather cooperates next week, I'll go to the range and test it out. I'll post some pics of it then.

towboater likes this.
  2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

We will be eagerly awaiting your test results.:)

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Made it to the range today and sighted in the Delta Stryker HD scope, along with sighting in the Athlon Ares BTR that I swapped from the 7mm-08 to my DPMS LR-260H.

I bore sighted both scopes at the house when I mounted them, so it only took a couple shots to sight them in at the range.
    The Delta Stryker HD is an easy scope to get behind. Eye focus adjust perfectly with a crisp & clear reticle. Parallax adjustment works perfectly, and at 100 yards the marks on the side focus lines up perfectly when adjusted.
    The turret's push down and lock in place, and easily pull up to adjust the turret's. Turning the turret's you get a nice crisp feel each click, along with an audible click that you can hear.

Looking through the scope is a pleasure. Crystal clear glass edge to edge, very nice resolution, and great clarity. I saw no chromatic aberration around the edges of anything that I looked at through the scope. I'm liking this scope so far.

I still need to do a tall target test on the tracking, but I did a few small box test with at the range, and it passed perfectly.
    This is a great scope. While it won't completely stack up next to a $3200 - $3500 S&B PM II, Nightforce ATACR, Kahles K525i,etc., for less than half the price the Stryker HD will play the same playing field with them and not give up too much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

towboater, G66enigma and locutus like this.
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Range report when you get a chance!:)

towboater likes this.