New savage.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by E7018Dan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. E7018Dan

E7018Dan New Member

Anybody thinking about getting ths new savage bmag .17 super mag? If you are/do. Id like to hear a range report. And pictures.

2. Tjurgensen

Tjurgensen New Member

I don't own one but a buddy of mine does and he told me he had trouble with it feeding a few times and it didn't eject a few times.

3. E7018Dan

E7018Dan New Member

That's disappointing news from a new rifle they're advertising is bigger and better than the norm. Maybe its a lemon? Id hate to see savage bring a sub par firearm to the table. :-(

4. kaido

kaido New Member

I just read an article on the rifle last night. The person who wrote said his had a burr left on the extractor. All he did was take a small file to it in order to clean it up a little.

He also had the same feeding problem, apparently the spring that give the rotory magazine it's tension came loose and he had to reattach it. If you/your friend wants, I could go back and find out which magazine it was in?

5. Tjurgensen

Tjurgensen New Member

We actually took it out last night didnt have as much trouble with it just once when it again failed to eject. But it was only once as opposed to the several mishaps that he said happened last time. Maybe it just needs some breaking in. It is a sweet little gun from what I saw.

6. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

This Month's Rifleman talks about the Savage Bmag and the 17WSM. Good article on this new caliber.