New Savage rifle

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by PatrickHarrison, Nov 25, 2011.

1. PatrickHarrison

PatrickHarrison New Member

Sorry people ive been MIA lol forget how to log in… any who i got a savage model 111 .300 win mag with the acu trigger 3 round internal magazine excelent blueing for a pawn shop rifle $300 plus the biggest 16 power scope a wal-mart special center point i put on asap haha ready to sight it in. Anybody gots a range report on this rifle id like to know how it functions this is my dream rifle n now i want a dream range report :D

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

You can`t hardly go wrong with a Savage son, while I don`t have one in .300 Win. Mag. I do have several & they are damn nice rifles & 300 bucks is a right nice price. Good luck with her......

3. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

The Savage rifles fitted with inexpensive scopes shoot real good. I think you can get a lot of bang for the buck with these combinations. I have outshot a few people that had much more expensive equipment than me. Your new rifle will do just fine and you will enjoy shooting it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  4. PatrickHarrison

Nice rifle blueterf ill post a pic of mine later. I have another savage a model 110 .243 winchester i love so addin a .300 win mag savage will hopefully be more impresive

5. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

The 110 in .243 has got to be a sweet rifle. I think you would definitely be impressed with the same model in .300 Win Mag. Good choices.

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

PH,You can't go wrong buying a Savage rifle.

The only problem with the 300WM is the factory stock,it will beat you to death.You'll find that out when you shoot it!
    There are many options for a better aftermarket stock,and some are pretty reasonable.

Here's an old picture of my 110FLP 300WM.It's an older model,pre-Accutrigger in a Choate Ultimate Varminter stock with a Swarovski PH 4-16x50 scope.I reworked the factory trigger,and this rifle has always shot great.
    It will shoot MOA or better with just about any load in it,if the shooter does his part.
    This rifle has served mainly as target rifle,I always hunted with a Ruger #1 300WM.

[​IMG]

It's getting reworked as soon as all my parts get here,the barrel is near the end of it's life span.

7. PatrickHarrison

Alrite a new stock can be arranged i plan on puttin money in it to give it a mean sniper look and was plannin on getting this stock

image-307624502.png

8. PatrickHarrison

Hears my new savage model 111 .300 win mag

image-1965704685.jpg

9. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

It is a nice looking rifle. What kind of scope do you have on it?

10. PatrickHarrison

Centerpoint adventure class 4-16X40 mil-dot green-red-black choice colored reticle. Real nice for my budget $75 dollars at wal-mart

11. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I think you did just fine with the scope you bought. You should have a lot of fun shooting your new rifle. If I was a serious hunter or a competitive shooter I might spend more money than I did for optics but so far my Bushnell 6-18x50 is doing real well.

12. PatrickHarrison

Thank you BlueTurf if i was better off id buy better optics

13. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Patrick, by the time you upgrade your scope you should know your rifle real good and you will be way ahead. You should be shooting real well when it is time to change the optics. You will probably shoot well with the one you have right now.

14. PatrickHarrison

Ya that scope is staying on there its just fine with me only way itll come off is if it dont sight in good or if i get a better scope free ;)

15. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

16. PatrickHarrison

Alrite everybody i shot the .300 ass blaster magnum. Im thourghly pleased the accu trigger was very nice the action smooth the kick was very manageable till i tryed a 180 grain remington i felt that to the socket of my shoulder. Its sighted in with 150 grain federals 7 and its 3 inchs high at a 100 yards . The centerpoint scope sighted in just fine. Overall im very pleased at Savage they made me happy 3 times already.

image-2809021353.jpg

Theres a 180 grain to the left of tape to the rights all 150s marchin toward there destination final rounds above tape. Btw there was a orange dot sticker there till it took off after i was done. :D

17. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Glad your happy with it,Most 300WM's really shine with heavier bullets.I shoot 165gr-210gr hunting bullets,and 168gr-210gr match bullets for my long range shooting.

All my parts came in today,so I just finished putting in the new trigger and bolt handle on mine.I'll put on the new barrel and scope rail tomorrow