New S&W Model 27

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by KimberFan, Apr 7, 2013.

1. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

I picked this revolver up yesterday from a guy selling his Father's estate. The kid was a real anti-gunner and wanted whatever he could for his Pop's couple of firearms. Sad deal there.... anyway, I offered him my "Start" price of $400 on it and he never batted an eye. Cash only. I think I did pretty good. It looks like it has been fired very little if at all. Any thoughts fellas?

Model 27-9 with the 6-1/2" barrel in .357Magnum

[​IMG]

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would imagine his father is rolling over in his grave. Very nice purchase.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very beautiful revolver and an excellent price. How come I never come across deals like that? :mad:

4. 1911love

1911love New Member

What do those usually go for?

5. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

I have no idea. I actually went to the sale looking for lawn tools. I just threw that price out there figurin' I'd go $500 and walk away if he said "no". I was pretty shocked he took my first offer on it. If anyone knows what these go for, I'd appreciate hearing it. Thanks, fellas.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

New that one sells for $800+. Nice deal for $400. I do not care for the new Smith revolvers with the MIM parts and lock above the cylinder release, but half price? Steal.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

very nice Kimberfan! really nice! price was good as well. you done good sir!:D

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

GOOD? You should be arrested :eek: :D

9. Axxe55

LMAO!!!! Damn Hossfly! :eek::D

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

:p
    I never come across deals like that (well- VERY seldom) :eek:
    Most any nice S&W DA for $400 --Grab'er ;)

11. Axxe55

oh, i do come across deals like that all the time, just never when i have money i can spend on them!:eek::mad:

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well yeah theres that too :(
    In fact thats about the only time i see "the" deals :eek:

13. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

They stopped arresting me a long time ago after they figured out I like fried bologna and eggs jail food and it got me out of mowing the yard at home. I didn't make a clear shot out of it, I got caught trying to shove it in the gun safe under the radar screen by the Stage Boss. I'm not as quick as I used to be doing that.

I got grounded for two weeks.....again. :p

14. Axxe55

LMAO again!!!! too funny!! :D

you and Hossfly need to take this to the comedy club! you two could make a fortune out of being comedians!!!!!:D

BTW, both of you owe me a monitor cleaning!!!!!:p

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yeah but in 2 weeks you'll still have a shiny new S&W :p

16. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

Naaa...I plan on being in jail for sumthin' pretty soon...I'm ready for some bologna and eggs and the Stage Boss says it stinks up her kitchen too much to make at home. I'd better call them and make a reservation.

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Tell'em to keep a light on for me----Ya just never know;)

18. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

Yes...I too wasn't pleased to see the gun manf. turn to MIM parts, they have a love/hate following but, I think it was an economical move on the maker's to stay competitive. It's quite a process mixing metal powder with resin and injecting it into a part mold than cooking the resins out at high heat. I guess time will tell as to how these new methods holds up. I'm going to run quite a few rounds thru this one and see if it keeps up with some of my old school S&W's.

19. natman

natman Member

It's an unusual configuration for a 27. They are usually blue instead of nickel and this one has target sights, hammer and trigger. It also has "classic" diamond grips. I wonder if it's something from the Custom or Classic line.

At any rate it's good that it found a good home.