New S&W line coming?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by tCan, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

More black on black, über-lightweight space age alloy crap. I miss the days of classic S&W.

I can't imagine what would be more fun than shooting a hot .44 Mag load out of a 2" barrel lightweight alloy frame. I better start reloading a few thousand super hot loads in preparation for buying that gun!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

2. tCan

tCan Active Member

I want a snubby 36 myself.

You actually went to the trouble to use the u-umlaut...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Not intentionally. My phone did it for me.

4. billt

billt New Member

I ran into a fellow member of my local gun club at the range a couple of years ago. He was shooting a S&W Scandium .44 Magnum revolver he had just purchased. He let me shoot a cylinder full of Cor-Bon high performance loads through it. It was without question the most painful experience I ever encountered shooting a hand gun of any type or size! It was downright terrible. After just 6 rounds my right hand was completely numb, and the inside of my trigger finger was red and almost cut from it banging on the inside edges of the trigger guard. I didn't see any way a person could put 50 rounds of any type of high performance ammunition through a gun like that. If I remember he said it weighed something in the neighborhood of 27 ounces. It didn't even feel that heavy.

5. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I can see no pleasure it that, but as a defensive tool I would not want to be on the business end of that :eek:

6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

GREAT more over piced handguns designed for limited use thats not remotely enjoyable to shoot.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I agree - I'd prefer deep blue or stainless (nickled is OK)

8. mes227

mes227 New Member

I have the Night Guard in .45acp. A pleasure to shoot and a heck of a man-stopper.