NEW S&W Hand gun Model 69!!!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by JimRau, Mar 3, 2014.

1. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I think this will be a real hit. An L-frame, 5 shot 44 Mag in SS with a 4 1/4 BBl!:D
    Your thoughts??????????:)

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

I have no experience with .44 Magnums, unfortunately.

But this seems like it'll be a nice gun.

I like that S&W is doing a couple new designs this year. I like that they are expanding.

3. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

The 69 is with in one ounce of the 66. I never much cared for the N frame Smiths, they were just bigger than I want to carry. Even the alloy framed one, though light in weight, were just 'bigger' than I was comfortable with.
    The one gun I did like, but was not able to obtain, was the Taurus Tracker titanium 41 mag. This L-frame 44 might just find it's way to my hand latter on!!!:D

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Intersting concept. I believe they have/had a .44 Spl 5 shot L-frame at one time. Smith has been maligned for being the "gun of the month club" for several years. I think it is cool they offer variety, but you have to jump on something as it is not going to be around forever

5. mckrackaraheem

mckrackaraheem New Member

Looks like a beefy 66. Pretty cool.

Attached Files:

6. oldhunter

oldhunter New Member

S&W model 696 was only in production 4-5 years and now sells for $800 or more. Caliber is .44 special and is 5 shot in SS with 3 inch barrel. I was lucky to find mine 7 years ago and paid $390 for it in 98% condition. Only shoot it on occassion as ammo prices for .44 sp are painful. I also know S&W has made other .44sp revolvers but do not know models or years manufactured.