New S&W bodyguard .380

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Powersportgiant, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Picked up a new S&W bodyguard .380 today on sale, looking forward to getting it out for a range report. Any recommendations for a pocket holster ?

2. Tom86

Tom86 New Member

I have become a huge fan or Remora holsters. I use a Remora for both IWB and pocket carry for my BG380.

For gym shorts or windpants, I use a versacarry.

3. gwk4667

gwk4667 New Member

I carry in a belly band that I move up under my armpit. Very easy to get to , very comfortable.

I carry the bodyguard 380 about 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

4. dborns

dborns New Member

I'll be interested to hear how you like shooting the BG. I should have bought one of these instead of my recent purchase; I want a revolver, really like the looks of the BG, and like the included laser. This will be my next purchase.

5. Powersportgiant

I have the semi auto version of the BG and love it so far. I am sure you will enjoy the revolver as S&W makes a great firearm.

6. dborns

dborns New Member

I've done some research on the net and found only one bad review, and the guy really didn't have much good to say about it. He was negative on the recoil, trigger pull, and the button for the laser. I was pretty surprised at the review, but I know its only one guy. I'm hoping the GS has one in stock so I can check it out. I looked at some of the other S&W revolvers, but when you add the price of some Crimson Trace grips, you can't come close to the price of the BG. Anyone with the BG revolver have any dislikes?

The only question in my mind is if this will be a good gun for my wife to use. I really need to get something that she could have for home protection because she doesn't like the 9mm, and I don't think my .380 has enough punch to stop someone.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Why did you get the handgun and not research the holster before the purchase?

That has been a reason for me to pass on some purchases. Are you using speed loaders or strip clips (and how do you carry them)?

I am not flaming you or your purchase. Just curious.

8. Powersportgiant

Actually I purchased an IWB holster before I purchased the gun, holster I ordered offline. I came to the reliable FTF members to help pick out a pocket holster as well. If you are like me, then you probably have many holsters for the same gun for different apparel and needs.

9. sdcromer

sdcromer New Member

I use Desantis Nemesis holsters for my pocket pistols.

10. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

Desantis holsters are nice!.... I have a few galco holsters that I use for carry and I'm very satisfied with them...

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Same here for my BG 380

12. Powersportgiant

Just ordered one off amazon !

13. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Hello all been reading here awhile never put

14. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Back in my thoughts, the bg is a good weapon but do we really think that in a stress situation would u remember to turn on laser? ? I don't think so . Thats the down fall to it I would say

15. gwk4667

gwk4667 New Member

In a stress situation would you need the lazer? If so do more training!

I like the lazer as I practice hip shots with the lazer then when I am comfortable with my shooting I turn the lazer off and hip shoot, with a little practice you can hold a 6" group at 20'.

If I was to have time to prepare for the situation I would turn the lazer on but do not rely on it. Just the fact it was on could be a deterant but not always.

16. undumb

undumb New Member

Both my wife and I carry the BG .380. I use a crossbreed mini tuck holster.
    In a SD situation, you should be pulling the trigger instead of playing with the laser button.

17. Powersportgiant

I love my desantis holster. Perfect for the BG380.

18. WCS55

WCS55 New Member

I carry the LC9 in a desantis nemesis holster. Little too large for jeans but great in cargo shorts or dress pants. My brother owns the BG380 and plans on carrying it once he gets his CWP - that thing truly disappears in the pocket and I bet u could even fit it into a pair of jeans. I'd definitely carry that BG in a desantis - u'd forget it was there.

... I just prefer my slim 9, even though S&W is a great company and that little guy has a nice laser.