New Ruger

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by AndyRexia, Sep 26, 2015.

1. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

"This will fit on a Ruger 22/45 or a Mark II or Mark III Ruger pistol lower."
    Buy a pistol.

3. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Ok ok, you talked me into it ;-)
    [​IMG]

Waiting on stamp paperwork to come back. Should be in around February.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

My only problem with going this route is that for the cost, time and paperwork involved in buying one of these, the supressor is non-serviceable. Meaning you can't take it apart and clean it or in the event of a baffle strike, you are stuck. 5 day inspection period for $400, plus $200 tax stamp, going through a class III dealer, and a 4-6 month wait for all of the paper. I'd rather have a supressor I can move from firearm to firearm, and possibly service myself, after the initial investment.

The integral suppressors are kind of sexy though, because there are no loose pieces to lose.

6. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Thanks me too.

7. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

It being non-serviceable was almost a deal breaker for me. Plugging the barrel and pouring cleaners down it are an option however and it can be sent to Gemtech to be serviced as well. I thought about getting a removable can. Like you said though, the integrated aspect of it is very cool and I don't hesitate to admit that one of the biggest reasons I bought this was for the novelty/cool factor of it. So even though it's non-serviceable I still really like it and it was worth it to me.

8. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Yes that is cool. One of my friends from Florida has a 9mm AR upper with integral supressor. Probably one OC thd coolest rigs I've shot.

I don't blame you for going ahead on the Ruger .22 upper. I thought hard about it. Still haven't decided which will be my first supressor.

10. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Yeah I just wanna shoot the dang thing.

11. AndrewWhite

AndrewWhite New Member

Hey what do you guys think about the Ruger 10/22 takedown?

12. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

I have one I put a new trigger in and a Leupold Rimfire scope on and it is an awesome little rifle in a great little package. It's in my car everywhere I go.....

13. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Finally got up the guts to disassemble and clean this gun. Wow, what a task. At least it's clean now.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Looks great, Andy!

15. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

Thank you sir. I've put several hundred rounds through it and so far so good. Got some new grips for it.

[​IMG]

16. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Member Supporter

I sorta like the idea involved with a removable suppressor. I now have this pistol set-up to shoot CCI Quiet rounds. Much lighter bolt in it currently.

[​IMG]

Then, for quietly ventilating "tree rats".

[​IMG]

But, when it's time to raise a ruckus.

[​IMG]

17. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

I guess I never updated this thread. I sold the MkIII and bought a 22/45. No regrets and I'm very pleased. Got my tax stamp paperwork back and put my suppressed barrel on it. Very fun gun. Makes no noise and weighs next to nothing. Overall I'm very very pleased. I need to get a different front sight. Black on black sucks. It has feed all types of ammo, subsonic or otherwise. GemTech subsonic has enough pressure behind it to work the action. Some suppressed .22s have problems with cycling. This one does not.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  18. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Member Supporter

I'm with you on that. Black on black sights, and then, on a black bullseye are about impossible for distinction. I do these inserts and fill in the line around the rear blade notch with a white acrylic. Helps me a lot.

[​IMG]