Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one got any experience with the SR9?

im thinking about getting one and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with them?

·
Banned
5,601 Posts
Ruger has had a major recall on them. I'd wait a year or so, then get one. Why pay to be a crash-test-dummy on a new product? Luck.

·
Registered
548 Posts
SR9's with 330 as the prefix in the serial # have been recalled. Apparently if dropped the gun can fire with the manual safety off. I'd hold off a little while longer, unless you can get a good deal on one, then just send it to Ruger and they'll do the retrofit free of charge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's Usefulness?

What about info about how this gun works? I have been looking for some news about it, is it similar to Glock, or Sigma? Is it full single action like XD?

Anybody know?

Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's a 9mm/ 17+1 round capacity. It's Ruger's first non P-series and is striker fired instead of an external hammer. It has a SS slide on some type of polymer frame, based loosely on the P345. The backstrap can be reversed from flat to arched, and it has a manual thumb safety for us 1911 guys! It also as an accessory rail. MSRP is about $525 ( includes two 17 round mags and a mag loader. Here's more: www.ruger-firearms.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts