new ruger p-95

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by mosin man, Jul 23, 2009.

1. mosin man

mosin man New Member

i just bought a new ruger p-95. i got it for $319.99. new two mags and speed loader and care. for the money i really like it. shoots really smooth and was pretty darn accurate out of box. shot about 100 rnds through it so far. easy to take apart and clean too. anyone have any bad luck with these or just good?

oh i got the blued model. i was gonna upgrade $40 to the stainless one but they had sold it when i got mine off lay away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  2. 1861

1861 New Member

Nice weapons , I have the stainless p-95 and love it .

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

looks like a good add, to a fine collection.

4. WDB

WDB New Member

I expect you will be happy with your P95. I have a P93 9mm, P94 40 S&W and a P95 9mm. Ive shot all well over 1000 rounds and haven't had an issue. I like the P93 the best but it is a personal choice.

Attached Files:

5. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

WBD - I like the looks of those grips. Would the grips make it harder though for smaller hands. My P85 is almost too big to be comfortable. TIA for the input.

Mosin Man - You'll like this pistol. It's rock solid.

6. WDB

WDB New Member

Tex,
    Those are stock grips on the P93 and P94 and have a nice feel. I don't think they add any width to the grip but don't know if they will fit a P85. There are some slip over grips that will fit but add a little width but even with smaller hands offer better control of the pistol.

7. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

That's a really good deal. It's nice to see some competitive pricing out in the marketplace.

8. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

You have purchased one of the best values presently out there. Good purchase, and I look forward to a range report soon.

9. mosin man

mosin man New Member

so far so good. i havent done any serous testing or sighting yet. but ive hit every target ive fired at. milk jugs cans ect...

hasnt jammed or missed a beat yet. thanks for the input. ya the surplus store i got it from is real good on prices. hes been at or lower than the gun digest msrp on every gun ive looked at. they said that since the sr-9 came out these arent the latest greatest. the gun digest of 07 put these at $425 and the 09 one i looked at was #389-$425. so $319 was pretty good. seen them for $307 on web so i feel like i did good.

and i ment to say case in the first post not care lol.

10. WDB

WDB New Member

It's a good pistol and one you will enjoy for many years. I bought my P93 as a police used firearm and bought the P94 and P95 based soley on how much I enjoyed shooting the first Ruger P series I bought, the only regret I have is I passed on a P94 in 45 cal a few years ago. The P94 I have is 40 cal but a 45 would have been a nice add!

11. Woody

Woody New Member

My P90 is my EDC and I wouldn't swap it for a 1911 for nuthin
    the P series a balls to the walls no quitters
    will shoot anything ya feed it the hotter the better
    my .45 lives +P

12. russ

russ New Member

I agree with all the previous posts, I've had my P94 in .40S&W for 11-12 years with untold thousands of rounds through it and never, ever, never had any problem with it whatsoever. The P series guns look good, shoot well, and are just plain bomb proof. It may not be the shining jewel of my collection, but if I needed to pick up any of my pistols to defend myself or someone else, my P94 would be it without hesitation. My one and only gripe is the lack of a hi-cap mag for the .40 :(

13. Woody

Woody New Member

Yep can't go wrong with a P series

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  14. WDB

WDB New Member

I like my Ruger P series but I WOULD trade one of them for a nice 1911:) Good pistols at a fair price, hard not to like the Ruger P series:D

15. russ

russ New Member

Why would you trade when you can just have both? :D

16. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

If you can afford it, do it.

I own a Kimber 1911 and a Ruger P95. Both are excellent shooters (1911 shoots better, though).

17. WDB

WDB New Member

I rarely trade any of my pistols, I have pistols I should have traded but find it hard to let em go but if someone wanted to trade a nice 1911 for one of my Ruger P series Yep, done deal.

These days my gun buying budget isn't what it use to be so anyone wanting to trade a nice 1911 for a Ruger P series let me know:D

18. Woody

Woody New Member

Just curious how many Ruger P's ya got

19. WDB

WDB New Member

Three,
    P93 in 9mm
    P94 in S&W 40
    P95 in 9mm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  20. mosin man